Who's who at a Fly-In

Cosmick

You walk around a Fly-In, see people deep in conversation and maybe don't want to butt in. You probably know them on the forum but don't recognise them in person. After Fly-In's you read here "I may have met you there...." "Was that you with the ....." etc. Its probably a bit dorky but what about RAA name badges with our membership with our username, i.e. "Cosmick". Probably feel like your at an Amway convention BUT its sad if we miss out on a face to face when we sometimes only get the chance a few times a year.

Or has this allready been done.............

The caps, the caps. We have to get back to the caps. I believe Ian might have an announcement on that in the not too distant future.Pud

Just received an email about them...more soon

That was the idea of having a meeting place at fly-ins (see the Monto 2011 thread). A point of contact, maybe where you can sit and talk for a while, put your name down - then someone can say "Oh, he was the tall guy in the red shirt - he went that way" I was to meet two forumites at Monto and never did - I didn't know what they looked like. We could have left messages for each other there.

I put my "Flying Vizsla" avatar and name on the car, but no one goes looking at cars.... Saw a Rec Flying enlarged & laminated bumper sticker on a plane ... but Caps would work better.

Sue

Guest watto

I was at Monto and was surprised at the number of people who recognised me from the forum, it was really great around the fire!!

Guest Maj Millard

We got derailed on the caps when we were talking colours didn't we...still a great idea with a specific colour/s. Or at the Rec Flying site or tent, have a "whos on site" board where each forumite can log in. At least then we'll know who is there and they could also list aircraft type/No or campsite position for those wishing to track them down..........Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif