Cost for class 2 medical

Let me know if you want to buy some clean urine for ya test.... :P

I think I can manage that one on my own thank you 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Oh yeah the docters you called, were they in the city ? Wonder if City is more expensive (like it usually is). I was just gonna goto some random up the road in exh st. , but perhaps I'll look around if there diff $$

Nope I was calling some local to my house - round Doncaster/Donvale/Blackburn areas.

I also wondered if the city might be more expensive but I might give a few a call just to check anyway.

Darky,

Try Dr Raoul de C. Tunbridge at Moorabbin, 03 9596 0012. Last time it cost me $120 + GST. He's a nice chap too. His comment last time when I took off my glasses to do the eyesight test was 'Oh yes. Your eyesight's s**t isn't it' !!!

I should add it's OK with specs................006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Regards,

Paul

Guest Dick Gower

And, if you have any thoughts about heading eventually for a CPL then do an initial Class 1 first: more expense but saves any caree-limiting surprises down the track.

And, if you have any thoughts about heading eventually for a CPL then do an initial Class 1 first: more expense but saves any caree-limiting surprises down the track.

This is exactly what I did (in Brisbane). The initial Class 1 conditions are more stringent than renewal I believe so I just got Class 1 (but its 12 month renewals).

Medical Consultation (incl. blood pressure, ecg, drug test, etc): $150

CASA Medical Fee: $75

And then these are the separate things for Class 1:

Opthamologist: $330 (only saw him for 2 mins - ouch!)

Blood Test: $97.35

Hearing Test: $88

So all up Class 1 cost - $665.35

Fortunately I wasn't charged for my Farnsworth Lantern test (I fail ishiara plates) as I was a student and the authorised testing facility was at a University.

In case anyone is interested, I've found a place in Box Hill that does them for $132 (inc GST apparantly)....maybe the cheap price is because they're located in Box Hill... i_dunno:laugh:

Booked it in for Monday, hopefully I won't discover anything wrong with me that I didn't already know about 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

It's stamped on your licence:

"The holder of this licence shall not exercise the privileges of the licence unless he wears a suitable correcting lense or suitable correcting lenses and carries on his person for emergencies a second such lens or set of lenses."

It's stamped on your licence:...."

My original licence has that stamp. It also has another on the page entitled Periods of Validity: "Permanently Valid". That was put there in 1990.More recently I got a bit of cheap paper (with perforations) which says Flight Crew Licence at the top - nothing about glasses there. My medical states "Distance vision correction must be worn .." Nothing about a second set of glasses there. Some time back I thought that the requirement for a second set of glasses had gone but some-one pointed out that if you break a lens for example then your medical is not valid. You don't get an exemption from that requirement while waiting for a replacement to be sent to you.

You get to choose how you will comply with the regulation to "have those correcting lenses available for use while exercising the privileges of a licence". I can't think of another way other than always carrying a spare set.

I know of pilots who have been ramp checked and been asked about their spare set of glasses.

I passed! Woo!

Don't need to wear my specs to fly or anything :) Left eye is 6/5 (I think), Right is 6/9, overall is 6/5 (i think?). Anyway, he said it was fine so it's all good.

Now I just need to pay the fee to Crasha 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

I passed! Woo!Don't need to wear my specs to fly or anything :) Left eye is 6/5 (I think), Right is 6/9, overall is 6/5 (i think?). Anyway, he said it was fine so it's all good.

Now I just need to pay the fee to Crasha 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Guest MackAgri Aviation

Well done D :rilla:

Generally, if you walk in upright and breathing and can see lightning and hear thunder you will pass a Class 2 medical.

The Class 1 is a bit more stringent on the physique and pocket.

Tomo said "If Can read a book or your computer screen, or the instructions on the back of a match box without to much difficulty, you should be fine." Do they have instructions on the back of match boxes??

I get my spare specs from the chemist for $15 or so.040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Now you have no excuse not to get out there and FLY!

David

Princeth,Did you happen to notice how many Davids are stirring you, cajoling you, congratulating you. Just goes to show how nice Davids are!!!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.

Uncle David

I already knew Davids were all very nice people, my brother's name is David :big_grin:

I'm naturally slack too, cfi.

I don't carry a spare pair of specs on local flights but I do carry them if I'm going cross-country. I have been known to lose a lens or sit on them and break them - but not yet had a problem with specs in an aeroplane.

I only carry one set of charts too but I have lost the odd one from an open cockpit.

If I'm going far I also like to carry a spare tailwheel tyre etc. It frustrates me if I'm away from home and something goes wrong that leaves me stuck with few options.

I've never been ramp checked so interested in learning from those who have been.