Where's Slarti?

Spin

I reckon I'm a fairly regular browser here, but it suddenly dawned on me that "our man in Canberra" has been awfully quiet of late. Never met Ross(?) but used to enjoy his accounts of the latest spotty animal adventures, not to mention all the work he put in here.

Anyone know anything or is it just that as a non chat room dweller, I missed the news?

PS. Hope the ranga didn't get him, there's a bit of it going around down there I hear!:ah_oh:

Yeah I'm still around. Thanks for missing me.

I tried to resign, but Ian wouldn't let me.

After 3 or 4 years of just Ian and myself moderating, I've had enough of reading every post, so I'm taking a rest now the new mods are on board.

Too many egos, too much abuse.

I'm sick of the politics too. I just want to fly.

I'm also extremely annoyed at the way Ian gets treated. If I don't have a break I may bite someone - then I'd have to be put down.

I still check in occasionally.

Keep up the good info. That's what the site is for.

You'll also find me and the cat at a fly-in near you. That's the way to catch me.

Cheers,

Ross

That's a shame Slarti,

Throw the Assist Admin role in & become a regular splod with the rest of us.

We miss your humour & information. Forget the politics just enjoy the company of the many that don't play that game.

Cheers

H

I am not a moderator...just the underpaid, over worked developer.

There are 5 fantastic independent moderators who do the moderating and have for some time been doing a great job and I personally thank them.

Corrine is the Boss, Site Owner/Administrator

Slarti says what he says but I will let you in on a secret...(I will whisper) he has just bought a whoppingly HUGE new advanced TV so with one like that who would want to sit in front of just a monitor...hey Slarti 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Tear yourself away from the TV and post some more MATE...they all want you and your wit...

What I am working on at the moment is:

The new integrated shop. The software is installed with dummy products and I am waiting for the software company to provide the integration code between the forums and their software. Cost $550 USD and they have advised they will look at it some time next week. You can see it here but note that it is not running properly yet and the menu items still go to Clear Prop:

Home - Shop

I am also working on the new upgrade software for the Chat Room. Should have that done in the next couple of weeks as the software company is also getting the files together to integrate it with the forums:

[ATTACH]12060.vB[/ATTACH]

Also working on the site home page...currently creating the listing of Aircraft Notices on there and will also bring back the swamp and more.

Will then start working on the new dedicated Aircraft home page for that section to bring in articles on aircraft, maintenance how to and more.

Also need to clean up all the advertising stuff to allow for the new commercial users.

The above is my current task list...all things that should help the site and the users

Untitled.png.b9752c4066c60ec0e95896ece0e17ce9.png

Guest Maj Millard

Enjoy the flying slarti, I understand that itch that has to be scratched !....but gee it would be nice to hear from you occasionally also, you were such a fixture here.........................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif