My Desire Died

winsor68

Two days ago my HTC Desire died. Was on charge for about 30 minutes when I picked it up and... Nothing. Dead... and the phone (not the battery) was particularly hot around the base.

Took it to Telstra... they have sent it away. Will probably be 2 weeks until I get it back they say... as if Telstra. Crikey there service is bad.

Any way. Life without my phone is hard.

Winsor68

Hang on. Don't rip Telstra for "Slow servicing of the phone".

It isn't theirs. They didn't make/manufacture it.

If it is brand new and it was faulty, you should get a new one. There are logistics which need to be done. The time also depends on how long the manufacturerereerrreee (what ever) feel like taking. If they are all on holidays (as most people are this time of year) it may take longer.

However, you may get it back sooner.

Hang on. Don't rip Telstra for "Slow servicing of the phone".It isn't theirs. They didn't make/manufacture it.

If it is brand new and it was faulty, you should get a new one. There are logistics which need to be done. The time also depends on how long the manufacturerereerrreee (what ever) feel like taking. If they are all on holidays (as most people are this time of year) it may take longer.

However, you may get it back sooner.

I wasn't complaining about the "slow servicing of the phone"... yet.

That was a complaint about the whole Telstra experience... and I am a 20 year customer. It took 45 minutes for 2 people to tell me what I told them when I walked in the door and that they would have to send my phone away, and then another half an hour while the computer "wouldn't print"... the paper work in the end took 30 secs by good old biro. And that is just this visit. I am sorry if you feel I don't paint a very good picture of Telstra. If you work there you should take pride in the fact that you are part of a team that (hopefully) is fixing things.

I mean they still have a big head start in that they offer the best coverage so have a large customer base who are happy to stay but I am sorry but I don't know anyone who doesn't want better service out of all our communication providers. But personally I give Telstra a nice wad of money every month... more than I did in the past... I want better service.

Guest davidh10

I sympathise, as my laptop packed it in two days ago, so am using my desire for all email now.

Ordered a new Dell laptop, bit unfortunately estimated delivery is 18th January. Thong I'll be having withdrawal symptoms.

MaybI could fly instead:big_grin:

Hi Win

Did u request a loan phone?

Just had mine fixed and they (telstra) gave me a loan ( not smart) phone.

Took 2 goes for them (htc) to repair it. Quoted 10 days both times and guess what.

Took 10 days both times. Yes it was 20 days of depression.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif :hittinghead:

I share your pain back David. These new smart phones... whatever brand... are such a sharp step up from what most of us were using previously I really miss it. Its almost like these days what we have is a virtual desk/toolbox in our hands... the Desire allows you to go truly mobile with all sorts of technology.

I have the box with a picture of it sitting on the fridge... every time I go there I see it and sigh. lol

I need to get out more, I have NO IDEA what you are even on about. (LOL!)

Same here Kevin i have a Nokia Classic.I can ring people, receive calls,take photos.SMS,Blue tooth photos onto the computor and connect the phone to my car GPS via Blue tooth..All the rest of the stuff is over my head.LOL