Cyclone Season

Spin

All good in Cairns where I was...went back to the hospital today for work, spent most of the day operating on what we call the 'F***wit Factor'...Like the guy who tried to use his lawnmower as a chainsaw by starting it and then lifting it up by the base...Tomorrow we'll start all the chainsaw injuries...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All good in Cairns where I was...went back to the hospital today for work, spent most of the day operating on what we call the 'F***wit Factor'...Like the guy who tried to use his lawnmower as a chainsaw by starting it and then lifting it up by the base...Tomorrow we'll start all the chainsaw injuries...

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif I guess you see it all there! I remember dealing with more than injured person after Larry, all of whom had come through the cyclone fine but had brought themselves undone in the clean up, including the genius who went up on a wet roof to clear off tree debris - in thongs!

Glad to hear that you got through alright Maj, I was worried about you guys up there as Yasi was bearing down on the coast.

My wife let me buy a plane but won't let me buy a chainsaw. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Be safe up there Maj during the cleanup.

Thongs = QLD safety boots.

Good to hear you are OK Maj. I think we are very lucky to have survived so well. The TV news shows all the boats piled up at Port Hinchinbrook, but to me it looks as if it was a poorly designed marina. The piles were too short and the pontoons just floated off them downwind. Keep away from those chainsaws especially when they are used for clean up purposes. It is so easy for the tip to hit something an kick it back at you. Especially dangerous if like me you insist on wearing, shorts, thongs and earmuffs.

Guest Maj Millard

I haven't heard from Farri yet but his power or land line is probabily down, and could be for a bit. I'm sure he'll get to when he can...............................

Yenn, yes I agree the piers looked a little short..maybe done on the cheap when built. A lot of people thought port Hinchinbrook would be a little exposed in a big one anyway....................................................Maj...

Port Hinchinbrook was very unpopular with the locals when they started building it. I don't know how well they have accepted it, but I don't think it did the little town much good.

G`Day everyone........Just got the power back on about an hour ago.

No serious damage here at home at Deeral.......Just a third of the roof gone off the Drifter shed and tree damage........very hard to believe.

All went well for us in Cairns,just a few trees down in the street. I expected that so I put the chainsaw,fuel and oil, in the ute and took it with me. made good use of it.

Chainsaws are nothing new to me,I`ve been using them since I was 17....The bigest problem is that I`m on the wrong side of 17 and I`ve just done a couple of days of cutting up fallen trees,for myself and others.

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest Maj Millard

welcome back frank, we don't have power yet, still operating on the neighbors genny, and typing this by the light of the old kerosene lamp !!........................Cheers maj

Guest davidh10

Frank; Great that you and yours are ok and that you didn't suffer serious property damage.

I bet you are glad you flew the Drifter to a safe lodging :-) I trust it is also unharmed.

Thanks to everyone, for the welcome,Glad to be back.

Just looked back at my last post to Carl (Spin),couldn`t even spell my name 070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif

Going out to tackle the rest of the mess,back later.

Frank.

These photos just came in from Peter Bayne of Babinda who owns a Kit Fox and is housed here,the fox is ok as he`d taken it away.

The photos....Peter,Wife Margaret and home.

Frank.

1310768605_!cid_0AD47AE3-9446-41B5-99BF-8567D466865F@home(Small).jpg.7cdf217ca40d89eaa636da62e1a41f7a.jpg

2039681303_!cid_22012B5E-EA69-450E-B6AE-9D3B155FB542@home(Small).jpg.f5a2120fa91c219e462d7938e38c2cf6.jpg

1922295725_!cid_E94F407C-0912-4891-B2AC-93732811D414@home(Small).jpg.23bc4ed55f2782f757b7bf1e5288ec6d.jpg

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Frank, wonderful news that you, your family and property were not too badly affected by the cyclone, as others above have said great to have you back in one piece on the site.....................When can you deliver all that "Fire Wood" to Yren :).............Have you had the opportunity to take your bubba girl up for a spin yet?.....If so get some piccy's for us.

Fly and Keep Safe my friend........................Alley.

Hi Alley, heavy rain and wind has sent me inside again,might as well take advantage of it.

I`ve been itching to take the Drifter up and fly to the Tully/Cardwell area but I`ve had too much to do and there`s been so many choppers flying around I thought it wasn`t right to get in their way.

I know it`s silly but it just doesn`t seem right to be be flying,sight seeing, over people who have just lost everything.

Anyone who want`s fire wood only has to supply transport,I`ll do the rest. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

Guest Maj Millard

Just spent two days at my property in Ingham, clearing my road of fallen trees. The damage in the Ingham area is a lot worse than in Townsville, with nothing left untouched by the huge beast Yasi. My road to the house is less than half a Kilometer, but it took a day and a half of constant chainsawing to just get to the house by car.

I can't imagine how bad things are further North. The town of Abergowie in the Ingham valley was particulary badly hit, and my friend Des Borello appears to have suffered damage to his Karatoo, with the hangar destroyed, and the aircraft flipped onto it's back. Des also has a Savannah VG which was undamaged. The Karatoo was to be advertised for sale in the next RAAus Magazine.......................Maj...