flightygirl finally gets her wings unclipped!

well... i did it guys and gals.... i was given my cross country endorsement yesterday! yay! now i can fly anywhere i want! the endorsement didnt come without some hard work and fast learning... and a few big boo boo's along the way... but i got there in the end! still have lots more to learn, but now i am free from the pressure of testing i can take my time and just keep on flying. 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

biggest thanks in the world to Ultralights and Motzartmerv.... you have both been amazing instructors and i feel confident now that i will be able to handle anything up there. Thanks Rob (ultralights) for all the patience you showed me... and tolerating my little outbursts when it all got too hard. Also a big thanks to Bruce and Ned... your wisdom and free impromptu theory lessons were invaluable! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

so keep an eye out for the awesome blue and yellow savannah people.... big blue skies here i come!

Rach

Guest davidh10

Congratulations FG. Have fun exploring your new freedom and cautiously extending yourself as you continue to learn more and gain in confidence.

Congratulations Rach, well done!I've been trying to find out the (average) time cross country takes.... one CFI said a flat 12 hours but another I asked was kinda vague on it.

hi gnarly... im not the best person to ask... i did a lot of nav hours and having my own aircraft means i dont follow the same lesson pattern that you would if you were paying for each hour. some of the instructors may be able to answer this one.

where can i get an aviator watch that is girlie and pretty?? that thing i wear just doesnt go! girls?

If you have a spare $500ish, Abingdon Watches do girly aviator watches. Only problem is that as far as I can see from the pictures, they don't have markings for each minute, only for every 5 minutes. I could be wrong tho (it does seem kinda illogical for an aviator watch not to have minute markings but anyway...). But they're definitely all pretty, you can get one with rhinestones around the edge and stuff. :big_grin:

I, on the other hand, ditched the 'girly' and 'pretty' and bought a mens one because it was a limited edition Red Arrows one 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

And congrats on the XC! :thumb_up: If the weather ever improves, I won't be far behind you!

Guest davidh10
Congratulations Rach, well done!I've been trying to find out the (average) time cross country takes.... one CFI said a flat 12 hours but another I asked was kinda vague on it.

I guess that would be because it depends on where and how far you fly. My CFI suggested some places early on, but in later Navs he said where would you like to go, just plan them and we'll go. I chose Mount Beauty as one destination, as that involved flying up a dead end valley between tall mountains and in addition to Nav, I wanted to learn something about mountain flying as well. As it happened there were a couple of small fires on the day and the instructor was able to point out the wind / airflow over ridges. I did a fair bit of reading on mountain and canyon flying before doing the Nav (just Google it).

The Nav where I didn't know where I was going, before the flight, was the last, where the CFI's objective was to get me lost. It didn't work, so I passed :-)

where can i get an aviator watch that is girlie and pretty?? that thing i wear just doesnt go! girls?

Hey Rach, just do the Jimmy Choo / sneaker shuffle. Wear the pretty watch until you get in the plane, and then do the quick swaperoo to the functional one (which at my age is one with nice big numbers... 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif)

Guest studentbiggles

Congratulations and well done FG on obtaining your XC.......Don't forget to fly into Yren(Renmark) on your XC tours and I'll treat you to smart lunch or dinner.

Fly safe and wishing you many happy hours of touring..........................Alley.

PS.......Breitling make BEAUTIFUL watches..........that's if your got a lazy $4k-$6k to spare :)

After all the BOM stuff up you had to take Rex, then i fly you around Bathurst for awhile.. wasnt a bad day... im sure you will get another chance for a Nav to YBTH, make it a couple of days and we can be host..

thanks Dave for the fly over Bathurst! not long now before you'll be able to go beyond your 25 miles too!

Congratulations Rach from Lorraine and myself.:thumb_up:

We came back from a week at Sussex Inlet yesterday, and called into Jaspers in case you were there.

Had a little chat with Motz, nice guy, who told me about your x-country.

Then called into The Aviator Lounge for a coffee.

Hope to catch up again before toooooooooo long, and once again congratulations.:clap2:

I'll remove the Hills Hoist if you want to drop in and practice short landings at my place, but just don't run over my tomatoes.054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Take care

Rgds

Planey