STOL Landing/camping sites?

Gribble

Ok, so all the STOL manufactures are plugging their planes as the ultimate "Getaway" vehicle that can land in the most remote sites of the country, or even just land next to what seems a deserted lake in the middle of woop woop and crack out the trout gear, potentially they could be correct.....

Anyway, where in Australia do such sites exist (as long as people are willing to share of course) that you can just land and set up camp? Or have a fish? Second of all, whats the legality of landing onto these areas? I can understand Private Property, but lets say I wanted to land at wyangla dam, chill for a night and wet a rod? Or the Turon? Or any land for that matter that has a good enough strip to land on?

Do places like this exist here? Any private places that are flogging the idea of land and camp? Ive heard of a few wineries around the place with land and stay accomodation but its hardly "off the beaten track"

• Like 1

thanks for posting that link powerin... i just spent the last coupla hours reading all the trip reports on the stolspeed site... cant WAIT till i get my certificate and an aircraft of my own!!!