Pax carrying currency requirements

Hi all,

I know that to carry pax you have to have done 3 take offs & landings within the previous 90 days. My question is whether this has to be done in an RA aircraft or whether 3 takeoffs/landings in a GA aircraft would count as being current.

The ops manual says that the takeoffs/landings must have been "in an aircraft of a "similar" type [their " "] as that to be used for the carriage of passengers".

Would a GA aircraft qualify as "similar"?

Guest basscheffers

The exact, precise answer is: it depends. :)

If you go fly a J230 and do your 3 landings in a C172, you'd probably be OK.

But that GA-8 Airvan won't do you any good if you want to be current in a Drifter...

The way I see it is that: a) use common sense on what is similar and b) if in doubt, it's not that much work to load up the aircraft minus PAX, do three circuits, get the self loading freight in and go where you were planning to go...

The way I understand it is... well yes it depends, but; The Warrior is a high performance aircraft, and so is the J160. So in my opinion it would be okay.

I think it would be more relevant, like Bass said, with the difference between High and Low performance aircraft.

Just my thoughts :csm:

Thats the first time ive heard the warrior reffered to as a high performance acft. (tomo, i dont think you understand what that smiley means)

Just do 3 ccts in the jab before taking a pax. Wont cost much, and makes sure your compliant. If you havnt flown a jab for 90 days, id consider it prudent to do a couple of bumpy's before doin anything with the mother in law.

If you havnt flown a jab for 90 days, id consider it prudent to do a couple of bumpy's before doin anything with the mother in law.

Haven't got a mother in law (yet). I am taking my boss up in the Warrior though, wonder if I'll still be employed afterwards... :big_grin:

Darky, You are welcome to borrow my Mother-In-Law. She makes excellent ballast and isn't called "The Dragon Lady" for no reason. Should things turn sour you could pitch her out and with her wings she would fly 065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif.

No - really I do love my Mother-In-Law. really, trulyyyy (voice trailing off into the distance and gorgeous and long-suffering wife drags me away for some personal retraining!!)004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Just do 3 ccts in the jab before taking a pax. Wont cost much, and makes sure your compliant. If you havnt flown a jab for 90 days, id consider it prudent to do a couple of bumpy's before doin anything with the mother in law.

depending on local ATC, 3ccts may take an hour!

Darky I've seen pilots struggle to get the Cherokee Warrior down when they were used to the Cherokee 140's rate of sink, and in terms of control in the landing phase I wouldn't classify a J160 as "similar" if you haven't been in one for months. The ground effect in the low wing Warrior is like a big comfortable doona which covers a lot of mistakes.

If you are 'licenced' both RAA & GA - then a BFR in either, (with a dual rated SI/CFI), meets requirements, and for currency,so does doing your 90 days 3 ccts. Of course, follow the sensible advice given by previous posters.

happy days,