Kilcoy - anyone got runway details?

rdarby

Got my nav endorsement this weekend, so want to go further afield, and check out Kilcoy, on Monday, as it's close and a possible home for me if I buy an aircraft. There isn't any real info in ERSA though.

Does anyone know the elevation, runway directions and length please?

Any anyone with recent experience there got any tips for me?

I am sure there was a section on this site with details of airfields but I can't find it.

Thanks

Ryan

I've now looked it up in Google Earth and I think the long/lat is wrong in ERSA. Those co-ordinates give me a farm dam on the north of the town, and I know the airfield is south by the lake. Hmmm. I'm going to find it the exciting way!

Sorry I snapped at you Dazza, had a rough day and I think I misread your tone, I know you were trying to help and I appreciate it.

Its all good mate, that happens here on forums, or the way I type things sometimes.Without facial expression, things come across different than what the person is meaning say.Good luck with your Navs mate.

I'm planning on leaving Redcliffe at 6:30am, going to Watts Bridge for a touch and go then a full stop at Kilcoy to have a look around, flying a SportStar.

Ref AOPA National Airfield Directory

Elevation 400 ft

Runway - 09/27 Compacted Shale/gravel 800Mtrs

Spec Proc: Stock Hazard. 1000M power transmission line with single sky wire .5nm S of strip and parallel wih it. No low level circuits to the S. Strip may be suddenly U/S. Ultralights use airfield most weekends.

May be too late for your trip but this information is what is out there - I believe it contains all the relevant information that a pilot needs.

Hope this info helps

Frank

I like Kilcoy strip, hope it was a great trip for you.

Somewhere in the middle of this video I land at Kilcoy strip - in a Teccie -

Got my nav endorsement this weekend, so want to go further afield, and check out Kilcoy, on Monday, as it's close and a possible home for me if I buy an aircraft. There isn't any real info in ERSA though.Does anyone know the elevation, runway directions and length please?

Any anyone with recent experience there got any tips for me?

I am sure there was a section on this site with details of airfields but I can't find it.

Thanks

Ryan

hi tomo

go to the country airstrip guide on the internet purchase which state you want and all the air fields you will ever want are listed i have purchased all of Australia as i work in the n.t. home base is Victoria

hope it helps Keith

Hi peteWhat aircraft are you flying now and have you bought one yet or decided on what to build yet?

Mark

Hi Mark ,

Still dont have a plane, The Savvy seems to be the one that is a good alrounder so that is the way I will go.

Pete

I'm planning on leaving Redcliffe at 6:30am, going to Watts Bridge for a touch and go then a full stop at Kilcoy to have a look around, flying a SportStar.

We were in & out by 7.30 had a great trip, a little drizzle but good otherwise.

Pete