How does the new CAO's weight changes effect the Savannah

Cosmick

Dont own one but interested in them. The Sav is apparently manufacturer designed to 560kg. I've heard talk the the +4 and -2 factor may restrict that, yet i've also heard that the manufacturer intends to raise the Factory "S" model to 600kg but not the Kits - Food for Thought

Dont own one but interested in them. The Sav is apparently manufacturer designed to 560kg. I've heard talk the the +4 and -2 factor may restrict that, yet i've also heard that the manufacturer intends to raise the Factory "S" model to 600kg but not the Kits - Food for Thought

Hey Cosmick

Can you post a link to your information. It doesn't cog with info from the factory. Since the factory built planes are built from the same kits supplied to us, there is no difference in their specs. All new savannahs

(kit or factory) are now plated 560Kg and will be eligible to increase when the new regulations come in. Be very interested to read what you are quoting.

Thanks Steve...

• 5 months later...

Try as I might, there seems to be no whisper anywhere on the World Wide Web about the Savannah's increase from 560 kg to 600 kg. However, I would have thought that this increase would almost be a "must" in order for ICP to compete effectively in the US LSA market. Has anyone else got any hard evidence of a weight increase to 600 kg?

Try as I might, there seems to be no whisper anywhere on the World Wide Web about the Savannah's increase from 560 kg to 600 kg. However, I would have thought that this increase would almost be a "must" in order for ICP to compete effectively in the US LSA market. Has anyone else got any hard evidence of a weight increase to 600 kg?

This may be confusion with the Zenith 750, Reg checked with ICP back when we started talking about this, there was nothing happening!

Thanks for clearing this up, RA. I still think that ICP must have this on the drawing board because the Yanks are really keen on LSAs that go to the full 600 kg limit. They may get quite a bit of extra business stretching it another 40 kg. The only drawback is that the plane is likely to become 15-25 kg heavier to achieve an overall increase from 560 kg to 600 kg which would be a pity.

If, however, due to superior re-engineering, they could extend the overall weight limit to 600 kg by adding no extra empty weight, they would gain a few more buyers.

The alternative explanation is that the current 560 kg configuration is an ideal one and is thought to be entirely adequate as is (by ICP).