From Russia with love.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Glen. A nice plane eh. Some-what surprised at the cruise speed of 70 knots though, I thought they were faster. IF iI ever built mine, it would certainly be faster than that. That main problem with the DD is the parts count. Very time consuming to build, but then, if it's worth having, it's worth the time and effort. BTW, seating arrangement is pilot up front and central, with a 3 (2.5) seat bench in the back. The center seat is really only suitable for a small kid due the where the seat harnesses go.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I didn't post the photo, Serge did. This is the fuselage for a 4 seat flying-wing which will have wing-tip "rudders" and a fixed under-carriage.

Recently he has been busy insulating his hangar so that he can work though the winter months. I believe he has started building the wings, at least he has the wood as shown in another photo I've seen. If I knew more of the statistics I'd let you know but for the present, he's keeping that sort of info to himself.

What a fascinating aircraft.

I have flown a Radio Controlled foam wing with electric motor... I have always thought a BIG version would make a great flying machine... the RC versions it seemed to me actually had a fairly wide speed range for something so simple...