Latest charges for instruction and hire

Guest nunans

I think schools that operate where landing fees aren't payable by small aircraft are at an advantage to those who have to include landing fees in the price, however i don't know how much the price of fuel varies from airport to airport?

Ultimately I think supply and demand will be the biggest factor in pricing, if there's lots of students and no other training facilities in range then the price would be expected to be high.

Guest pookemon

Ballarat Aero Club charge $100 solo and $175 dual, wet for the Gazelle. They also have a C152 ($150/$225), a Piper Warrior ($175/$250) and a 172 ($210/$285) for GA. (Plus a Cutlass - whatever that is...) Little wonder I went for RAA first (glad I did - it's tonnes of fun). Those prices are for members though, $15 more per hour for non-members ($185 pa for membership IIRC). No landing fees at Ballarat - hopefully Ballarat City Council don't get that idea (They own/operate the airport).

Running my Lightwing at $140 dual wet, $110 solo.

Used to be $130/$100 (in a Gazelle) until council decided to charge us $9 per landing (yes EACH) but gave me the option of paying a blanket cover of $4000 per year.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Eventually negotiated down to $1000 (plus GST) per year, but under review.

Now all I need to do is get them to open the grass runway for more than 5 months of the year so I'm not buying new tires every 12 months.pull_hair.gif.3994f465d56951521f66ae0593c25df0.gif

Guest nunans

It sounds like outside of training the cheapest way to fly alot of hours is to own your aircraft and operate off a private strip and out of your own hanger.

Horsham just had a price riseWet J120 Solo $80 J230 $100 not sure about dual

My J120 is still for sale and seeing I lost my job I'm very motivated to convert to cash- run it for $48/hr yourself, why not syndicate with a few friends and you'll never get cheaper flying?

My J120 is still for sale and seeing I lost my job I'm very motivated to convert to cash- run it for $48/hr yourself, why not syndicate with a few friends and you'll never get cheaper flying?

It's a great aircraft to by the way! :thumb_up:

No landing fees at Ballarat - hopefully Ballarat City Council don't get that idea (They own/operate the airport).

Hear, hear!

Sorry to hear about your job news, Ballpoint! I'm working on the GoodLadyWife regarding the aircraft procurement situation. Alas, no dice at the moment. 052_no_way.gif.ab8ffebe253e71283aa356aade003836.gif 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Horsham just had a price riseWet J120 Solo $80 J230 $100 not sure about dual

Wow! That's cheap! Bec, you're lucky! Maybe I should go for a drive and visit sunny Horsham?