Latest charges for instruction and hire

With fuel costs going up I'm interested to know what the various RAAus schools are charging for dual instruction and aircraft hire. Would appreciate it if Forumers could share what they pay (as students or hirers) or charge (as school operators).

(BTW: All our current charges are on our website www.centralwestflying.com but are under review)

Thanks.

Dual or supervised solo in J-160 - full security airport - $165/hr + $11 landing fee - which we collect and pay to airport owner. You are allowed as many ccts as you like, and there's no surcharge on bounces. Nobody has yet expained to me how they justify their charges,which should be morally based on cost-of-recovery. If that was the underpinning principle - they should be charging $50/ldg, given what local government pays employees, and their inefficiencies in operation.

happy days,

They should be charging $50/ldg, given what local government pays employees, and their inefficiencies in operation.

Jandakot is half way there, $25 per full stop for a C152/Sporty 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

-Andrew

Guest Pioneer200

Here in NZ we have a J160 and an Alpi Pioneer 200 , both are charged out at $110 hr, regardless of training or private hire (our great instructors do it for love of flying).

Whoops - I meant to also ask: Our charges are all inclusive of GST.. Do most schools build GST into their rates?

(Thanks for all the replies to date! There is a fair spread of rates out there..)

Theoretically you supposed to quote all prices inclusive of GST, unless you state otherwise. So I would imagine the prices are all GST included?

Here in NZ we have a J160 and an Alpi Pioneer 200 , both are charged out at $110 hr,

$1.2NZ = $1AU

$1NZ = $AU 0.83

$NZ 110 = $AU 91.67

Who's up for a fortnight in NZ to rack up a few hours?

OME

Thats not such a silly idea is it... couple of weeks in nz, rack up some hours, if you could organise 3-4 blokes and a good cfi/training crowd you could quite easily get 10+ hours for everyone concerned if the weather is good, and there is no ash... or eathquakes ... or tsunami's ... But still a bloody great idea :) (is it just me or is the weather in general conspiring against humanity in general of late..)

• 2 weeks later...