My new aeroplane

XP503

Thought some out there might like to know I have purchased a new toy in the form of a refurbished 1988 Maxair Drifter WB503 which I intend to keep in immaculate condition and fly to my hearts content.

Cherio

DM

• Like 3

Guest davidh10

Nice aircraft. Hope you have lots of fun with it. :big_grin:

Great photographic platform, like a trike in that respect.

You better post some photos :-)

Guest davidh10

Love the colour scheme. Looks brand new. You should really enjoy it. I've flown in one once, and it flew very nicely.

Yea she is a beauty, it really does fly well - VERY much lighter than the SB582 version of the Drifter that I am most familiar but I will adjust to the new bird.

Her previous owner was a retired CFI who did a great job looking after her.

David, you will enjoy the WB503 if you're mostly used to the 582, maybe it's because I learnt in one that I have a soft spot for them, but I always enjoy the 503! They are so much lighter indeed! I've seen that machine somewhere... just can't recall exactly where! It's looks a ver nice one.

Thanks Tomo, yea I did an hour of circuits today in perfect conditions, so light and nimble and can land and take off in no space at all!!!!!!

It was re-furbished at Dalby so perhaps thats where you have seen it?

Have you put July 17th in your calender, thats the Drifter Fly-In at Boonah, Should be great!