Just landed

Hi there fellow Ultralighters, i am a happy Fisher MK1 owner / builder, now in Adelaide ( please don't ask why Adelaide ), in my spare time i earn a living at the Governments expense as an Air Traffic Controller at Adelaide Tower, a room with a great view and pay to match. I attained a CPL many years ago when you could afford to do it and now i just fly for the thrill of it. I have made a great deal of friends through flying and hope to do so for a while longer.

G`Day Patrick and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif.

If flying purely for fun, you couldn`t have picked a much better aircraft!..I`ve had my Maxair WB Drifter for 26 years and wouldn`t be without it!

Cheers,

Frank.

590021216_MaxairDrifter..jpg.a3026e60a8bb61b4762da9df1f932034.jpg

Hi there fellow Ultralighters, i am a happy Fisher MK1 owner / builder, now in Adelaide ( please don't ask why Adelaide ), in my spare time i earn a living at the Governments expense as an Air Traffic Controller at Adelaide Tower, a room with a great view and pay to match. I attained a CPL many years ago when you could afford to do it and now i just fly for the thrill of it. I have made a great deal of friends through flying and hope to do so for a while longer.

Hi Patrick

Nice quiet place with lots of churches...? And heaps of CTA!!!

I was planning a trip down from William Creek going coastal to Kangaroo Island a couple of months ago and it all seemed a tad complicated at the time --- Military, Parafield and Adelaide all to be negotiated. Guess it depends on what you usually live with and explains why the pay is better than average?

The trip fell through because a couple of my pax had personal problems arise that messed with their free time, but I'd still like to do it one day.

Welcome to the group and I look forward to hearing some war stories.

kaz

Alan,

I am in Aldinga Beach, just a few km's from Aldinga Airfield where i have my aircraft. Prior to moving here i was living in Mackay, and thus i have had to make some changes to my aircraft to keep out the wind chill. I am in the latter stages of fitting a Robinson R44 half windscrean to my Fisher to be like some of the bubble canopies you see about the place, i hope to be up committing aviation by the end of the month. I look forward to catching up with some fellow Ultralighters over summer this year.

• Like 1

Guest Marshy

Hello to ALL

I fly when I can and love every second of it. I fly gliders both hanggilders and sail planes (althoe havent been in the sadle of a sail plane in awhile)

Ultralights as well. Jabs beeing what I learnt to fly on for my power endorsment.

I'm currently looking at getting my own ultralight soon, mabye one day some time soon.

Flying is a gift.

Hello to ALLI fly when I can and love every second of it. I fly gliders both hanggilders and sail planes (althoe havent been in the sadle of a sail plane in awhile)

Ultralights as well. Jabs beeing what I learnt to fly on for my power endorsment.

I'm currently looking at getting my own ultralight soon, mabye one day some time soon.

Flying is a gift.

Welcome Marshy,

From Wagin eh? Did a bit of flying out your way doing my nav exs out of Narrogin.

I know a local guy in Wagin, the local Agronomist I think he is. I count his father as a very good friend of mine - Longmuir is the surname.

Pud

Hi Patrick, let me add my welcome to you. I'm also in S.A., Morphette Vale, in fact. Give me a bell on 83877371 so that I can meet you at the airfield for a cup of Gaylene's wonderful coffee.

Alan,I am in Aldinga Beach, just a few km's from Aldinga Airfield where i have my aircraft. Prior to moving here i was living in Mackay, and thus i have had to make some changes to my aircraft to keep out the wind chill. I am in the latter stages of fitting a Robinson R44 half windscrean to my Fisher to be like some of the bubble canopies you see about the place, i hope to be up committing aviation by the end of the month. I look forward to catching up with some fellow Ultralighters over summer this year.

Patrick... How about some photos of your Fisher?

Guest Marshy

Hey Pud

Cannot say I have come across the name althoe I hove only been in the area for 4 years ( still not a local ). Narrogin hey. did my training from glider to powered there with Gareth, Nice clup Narrogin is.

Marshy

Guest Marshy

Yep sound about right, hey was that when he had the 3 blade prop on or when he took it off.

I did my trainning in the 230, couldn't get my legs in the Gazelle (just cann't get me knees around my ears 015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif)

Have u been back to Narrogin recently?

Marhsy

He had the 3 blader on then even though it wasn't certified - said he got better performance. I think Gareth (you on here Gareth?) liked to 'buck' the system a bit so maybe that is why he folded, or was asked to.

I haven't been back to Narrogin for flying since those days.

OOPS, just realised I am way off topic here. So sorry Patrick 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif, you will be thinking there are a few ignorant people on here. I like the Fisher, I did my ab initio training in a Drifter out of Narrogin with Rod Jarrold.

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Pud

He had the 3 blader on then even though it wasn't certified - said he got better performance. I think Gareth (you on here Gareth?) liked to 'buck' the system a bit so maybe that is why he folded, or was asked to.I haven't been back to Narrogin for flying since those days.

OOPS, just realised I am way off topic here. So sorry Patrick 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif, you will be thinking there are a few ignorant people on here. I like the Fisher, I did my ab initio training in a Drifter out of Narrogin with Rod Jarrold.

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Pud

PUD, not at all, i too have bouts of the Blonde ignorance and engage brain before talking problem, so many different people from such a vast array of "walks", it is one of the things i love so much about Recreational Aviation. The Fisher is great, the two of us have gone to so many places over the last 10 years, i am looking forward to adding many SA spots to the list.

• Like 1