Haven't Really Just Landed

Motif

Hi All,

I haven't really just landed, I've been orbiting for a few years and every time I log on, the system reminds me I haven't posted here yet. So here goes.

I am currently the proud owner of a Brumby 600 LSA low wing aeroplane and we moved in May this year to God's own country in Cowra because it never quit raining on the Sunshine Coast (there's a joke) and if it wasn't raining it was blowing a gale. We now live 5 minutes from a beautiful quite aerodrome and as if by magic - no rain (most of the time) and no wind (well hardly ever any wind).

In the past I've owned a Mooney 201 and a Piper Senica III twin, a Tecnam Bravo and Echo Classic.

That's all the important stuff and now I can log on without being harassed by "the system".

Thanks,

Ross

Guest davidh10

Welcome, Ross.

Clearly you are very fuel efficient, having been in a holding pattern for a few years 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Now you have broken the ice, you can interact with the community here. Lots of friendly people.

Welcome Ross, sound like you are well set up there in Cowra.I also like many of the inland NSW cities, can be chilly at night but some great places to live. Just don't go too close to Canberra.

If you get too close to Canberra today, you will inhale toxic smoke!

Welcome Ross!

G'day Ross, Do you have a hangar at YCWR? if not i think i saw one for sale on this forum recently, I often see a nice red and white brumby parked down towards the aeroclub building and i think to myself how nice they look. I must agree with how nice cowra is to fly out of. No ASIC, No RPT, No landing fees, A council that supports and encourages aviation, A VOR, friendly people, the list goes on....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nunans, I am Ok for a hangar at Cowra thanks and Cowra really is magic. I looked at very carefully aerodromes West of the ranges (better weather than coastal Queensland) and Cowra aerodrome came out tops for a whole lot of reasons. Not only that, but the countryside here is magic. Gentle green (and at the moment yellow) rolling hills a big blue sky (most often) and reasonably flat country to the West with the tablelands to the East if you need a bit more of a challange. And you are right about the red and white Brumby it does look great. It belongs to one of our local instructors. You have got to hand it to Brumby Aircraft, they not only build strong aeroplanes but they also paint them well.

Also thank you Don, I hope to see you at Temora on November 19th.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ross, I did that a lot would sign in and just look around at stuff, but didn't think I could contribute anything and now I talk to people all over the place post photos and short vids of some of my flights, generally have fun so welcome and get stuck in mate it's a lot of fun and there are some great people here...... Eric

• Like 1

Hi Eric, Many thanks for that kind welcome. It's interesting how things grow. I recall Ian's site (this forum) from years ago. It was always "good value" but now it is much more polished and covers GA as well. And yes, I have now posted to a couple of threads on the Tecnam and Brumby aircraft.

All the best,

Ross