Oct Sport Pilot Magazine

Bryon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your tag Bryon! Nothing like a good quality single malt to help one sleep at nite

You try walking down the main street of Dandenong at night without a few Brett, the Somme was a breeze compared to that.

• Like 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer
You try walking down the main street of Dandenong at night without a few Brett, the Somme was a breeze compared to that.

Hmmm cant say i've been there, sounds.... interesting. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Its OK Mate we on the mainland still think of Tassie as being apart of Aust.

Is it true that if the telephone cable between Tassie and the mainland is cut, Tassie will float away...:peepwall:074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif074_stirrer.gif.f7f0365dccba2c0c4d074e832eec2536.gifpoking.gif.62337b1540bd66201712a53e2664c9b4.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif

• Like 1

When your address commences with RMB (Roadside Mail Box), and concludes with WA, with Australia Post involved, it's not a good idea to hold ones breath.

Whilst I enjoy an occassional Scotch whiskey, I hope that Old Bushmills Irish Whiskey is a portent of what will be served in heaven!!

"Ouisky" or sometimes "uisge beatha" gaelic for water of life.Couldn't be better named.

Anyone using the American spelling with an "e" may get an unannounced visit from the "16 Men of Tay" who craft the wonderful Glen Morangie.

Hullo... An oportunity like this doesn't come by often... GlenMorangie is indeed a pleasant scotch, one of the reasons it's so pleasant I'm told, is because it's aged in special Bourbon Barrels that are made in Kentucky from the wood of special trees that're grown in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. I'm also told that whiskey should have an e in it, but the Scotts were too mean to waste the ink.... Least wise, that's what the second cousin of the wife of one of the 16 Men of Tain told me....

• Like 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer

My mag arrive today, but I had to fight off the neighbours as they wanted it to swat flies while they were on the porch playing their banjos

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Whisky lovers unite and drive out the unbelievers, the bourbon drinkers and others of such ilk.......................

Never been able to come at Bourbon, seems so... sweet and icky? For a cheap scotch like JW or Grants or similar, try it with some ice, then half soda half Pepsi light (or Coke Zero). Cuts down the sweetness. Of course, any good scotch is best plain, with a bit of ice, or a splash of water. 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif *hic*

Never been able to come at Bourbon, seems so... sweet and icky? For a cheap scotch like JW or Grants or similar, try it with some ice, then half soda half Pepsi light (or Coke Zero). Cuts down the sweetness. Of course, any good scotch is best plain, with a bit of ice, or a splash of water. 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif *hic*

Bourbon... sweet and icky??? Well yeeaah,,, the 37% stuff that's made to mix with fizzy drinks is, and that's for sure... But the real stuff that's made up in them thar hills is a horse of a different colour, let me tell you... A mate of mine over in the States, Nature Wayne, was born in Tennessee. By his own admission, his mother's family tree resembles a telegraph pole. Anyways, Nature Wayne's kin, on his mother's side, make a passable livin' makin' shine up in them thar hills... One time, while visiting Wayne, I got to try the family good stuff... Sippin' whiskey they called it... We were in Wayne's shed down the back from the house, and it was served to me in about a 200 ml peanut butter jar with the lid on... I was instructed that before I took the lid off and had a sip, I was to put my pipe down on the work bench on t'other side of the shed and have some chewin' tobacky instead... That should've been my first clue... But I just thought they wanted me to try their chew... I don't know if you've ever tried chewing tobacco, but it makes you hiccup like a son of a bitch the first few times you use it... But that's not a problem if'n you've got some sippin' whiskey, 'cause sippin' whiskey will cure ANYTHING. And here's the amazing thing... It tastes great mate.027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

Keep the sunny side up,

Wayne.

Got mine today too. Aussie Post must have mistakenly sent a consignment out to NSW Country. The alchoholic content in this thread reminded me of a quote from the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" series of books:

It is a curious fact, and one to which no one knows quite how much importance to attach, that something like 85% of all known worlds in the Galaxy, be they primitive or highly advanced, have invented a drink called jynnan tonnyx, or gee-N'N-T'N-ix, or jinond-o-nicks, or any one of a thousand or more variations on the same phonetic theme. The drinks themselves are not the same, and vary between the Sivolvian 'chinanto/mnigs' which is ordinary water served at slightly above room temperature, and the Gagrakackan 'tzjin-anthony-ks' which kill cows at a hundred paces; and in fact the one common factor between all of them, beyond the fact that the names sound the same, is that they were all invented and named before the worlds concerned made contact with any other worlds.

What can be made of this fact? It exists in total isolation. As far as any theory of structural linguistics is concerned it is right off the graph, and yet it persists. Old structural linguists get very angry when young structural linguists go on about it. Young structural linguists get deeply excited about it and stay up late at night convinced that they are very close to something of profound importance, and end up becoming old structural linguists before their time, getting very angry with the young ones. Structural linguistics is a bitterly divided and unhappy discipline, and a large number of its practitioners spend too many nights drowning their problems in Ouisghian Zodahs.

--Douglas Adams "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

• Like 2

... I was instructed that before I took the lid off and had a sip, I was to put my pipe down on the work bench on t'other side of the shed and have some chewin' tobacky instead...

So how close to Avgas was it?

So how close to Avgas was it?

Scientifically, I don't know... But when we put a spoonful in the bottom of an upturned empty beer can and lit it, it burnt with an even blue flame, and left hardly any trace on the can bottom.

Keep the sunny side up,

Wayne.