Oct Sport Pilot Magazine

Bryon

No magazine here in the Qld Residuals for either of us - same surname etc, but I get mine ahead of his. I got mine late July, and he got his early Aug. Sept 24 and a week later. Nothing for October yet. The general public will read the minutes before the members.

My AOPA mag is also marked by Aust Post "Qld - Residual". Given the delay they may be distributed according to alphabetical order - my surname used to be in the early AA's before I took a down grade by marriage and I guess it is still coming out in that order as his AOPA arrives after mine too.

Sue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's hope for the 'Coast yet - mine arrived today; good timing, I've got a week off to immerse myself in things aviation and this will be a good start.

Hmmm, its funny how you always get your mag mate, a day before I do. We live less than 10 kays apart from each other. I wonder if it comes through the Robina Aus post distribution centre or Bundall. Robina depo is 1 km from my joint.Good news though i will have probably have it on monday.

Its hard to read some of the threads here disscussing items the magazine,Since we have not read the articles ourselves.Not too worry.

Hmmm, its funny how you always get your mag mate, a day before I do. We live less than 10 kays apart from each other. I wonder if it comes through the Robina Aus post distribution centre or Bundall. Robina depo is 1 km from my joint.Good news though i will have probably have it on monday.Its hard to read some of the threads here disscussing items the magazine,Since we have not read the articles ourselves.Not too worry.

Don't worry Dazza you will be more up to date as you will have the 'late edition'.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

Hmmm, its funny how you always get your mag mate, a day before I do. We live less than 10 kays apart from each other. I wonder if it comes through the Robina Aus post distribution centre or Bundall. Robina depo is 1 km from my joint.Good news though i will have probably have it on monday.Its hard to read some of the threads here disscussing items the magazine,Since we have not read the articles ourselves.Not too worry.

It'd be nice to think that living close to a distribution centre works but it could be that the staff are reading it before it gets to you. Have you thought about checking the seal? At least it doesn't get delivered by mule train like at Springbrook. We get three copies and they rarely arrive on the same day (all the same surname).

Nick

It seems mine came last week, but I only found it by accident. It turns out that my wife accidentally put it in the insulated shopping bag with the shopping, then proceeded to unload the items and put the bag away - with my mag still inside! 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

It'd be nice to think that living close to a distribution centre works but it could be that the staff are reading it before it gets to you. Have you thought about checking the seal? At least it doesn't get delivered by mule train like at Springbrook. We get three copies and they rarely arrive on the same day (all the same surname).Nick

Good Day NS, how have you been mate. Getting much flying in with Students?

PS- What I mean Nick is that as you know living here, the economy is very slow ATM on the Gold Coast.I hope its not effecting your flying school too much.

Nah didnt turn up, Just got the mail.Maybe somebody thought they needed it, more than me.

Im seriously thinking that my magazine is currently in some postmans house.It would have been here on monday since all me mates have theres who live close.I hope you enjoyed reading it Postman. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Guest SAJabiruflyer
By the sounds of it, there are a least 2 stories i can skip then.LOL If it turns up.

If it makes u feel better Dazza my EAA mag arrived all the way from the US today... it USED to arrive before the RAAus Mag

Today I walked past the Newsagents I used to get the mag from when I was a 'lurker' so I decided to see if they had the mag yet. I found it there with the newsagents sticker saying they got it in the 10th. I got last months quick because it came with my certificate and tech manual. I think I'd rather have a discount to not get the mag and buy it myself earlier.

Im wondering .Unless someone heres works at AusPost who may know ? My question is, how does this all work. I would have thought that the Magazines would go to Aus Post major distribution centres.Then get transported to regional distribution centres then streeted and delivered to your mail box.Being further away from where they are produced would mean longer time until they arrive at the door.As Drifter Driver has pointed out.He gets 3 magazines delivered to his house but they arrive at different times.It sounds likes over a week apart at times.

This too me is not realy a worry as I jump on the RAA website around twice a week anyway, to check out for Sevice Bulletins, AD's etc. This also has nothing to do with the Guys and Girls at Sportpilot as it is out of their hands what happens to the magazine after printing and sent for distribution.

A bit sad for you people. Some magazines I get are sent non-priority to save costs and can be late. I guess it would depend on how the last distributor treated it. If it is really late it might qualify for POSThumus, Nev

It's weird. I got my August Mag on the 5th, the September issue on the 12th and this month I am still waiting. I am expecting the November issue to arrive in time for Christmas.

I figure my postie wants to learn to fly and has snaffled it. or in other words, I havn't got mine yet.

Ditto...

Yet a mate who lives at Lowood... 50 or so k's west of Brisbane got his over a week ago 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif