Smilies

Admin

Hi all

I have had to update the smilie list as having 360 odd smilies was causing havoc on the display of the smilie list being too slow for some users. There are now 103 smilies and they should all be displayed much better in the smilie drop down tray when composing a post.

If you absolutely, must have, can't do without, any specific smilie that is no longer available then please let me know...thanks

There are about 180,000 posts in the forums of which many, especially the older ones from years ago, don't add any value to the forums...ones such as "How are you Going" or What are you up to this weekend" etc. I will be spending the next few days going through all the posts and deleting these old "no value" posts to help trim down the database size and keeping the forums much more resourceful especially when doing searches etc.

Can never have too many smilies. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif(The drop down list isn't populating properly though...053_no.gif.1b075e917db98e3e6efb5417cfec8882.gif)

Fixed...I forgot to do one final step when I did the import

Ahlocks,

It is the computer at work. I won't play with the settings on it. I can't convince the boss to switch over to ADSL2 despite the fact that he is the one who does the big downloads. I have no trouble with my home computers.

OME

Ahlocks has gone through all the 360 old Smilies and picked out 205 of the best ones...these have now been added to the smilie list

Flipping good too! 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

...It is the computer at work. I won't play with the settings on it. I can't convince the boss to switch over to ADSL2 despite the fact that he is the one who does the big downloads. I have no trouble with my home computers.

Yeah, it makes it difficult when it's the boss's PC. It's probably been set up to clear the internet cache on exit. That may explain the lag as it would have to download the smilies every session.

(no smilies used in this post just for you Ome. ;) )

I'm semi- retired and had today off. Except that I had to do two loads of washing and hang them out; remove two wheels from my car, get new tyres on each, then refit the wheels. After that I mowed the front and back yards, and did the front yard edges with a small hatchet. The I took the washing off the line and folded it. I managed to have a smallbottle of cold amber fluid, and now I have to do two Environmental audits for clients to send on to Bankstown Airports Ltd. After I finish that, I might get a chance to do some CAD drawings for my plane build. Still want my job?

:-{0

OME