Jump ship down at Tooradin 8 October 2011

kaz3g

Commando Skydivers C206.

Pilot suffered broken legs, pelvis. Paramedic suffered hypothermia from long exposure in the cold water. Fuel burns may have been from contact with fuel during the removal of the trapped pilot. Aircraft straddled a small creek and hit the opposite embankment.

One jumper airlifted out with pilot. 6 pob. No word on what caused the powerfailure.

nice of channel ten news not to mention anything about jumpers. They called everyone passengers. Good reporting.

Hmm, very unfortunate, poor bugger. He was flying ok at 1.30pm. Although the aircraft went up to 10,000 ft or so and came down without dropping any jumpers, we all wondered what that was all about?...

And it wasn't holding your hand!!awww...Pud...wouldn't u trust me...............................

Weeeellll.... I wasn't there to have to make the decision cficare:augie:

On the strength of your posts I reckon I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and stick around to see how you handle it:wink:

Pud

last time i had an engine failure in a skydiving a/c...looked around...they were gone...!

If the jumpers had all been us regular Forumites we would have all thrown out our parachute packs to reduce weight, then stuck by our best mate.014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Our group would be know as:- cfwedocare.

Hope that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

No one bounces around loose in the back, single point restraints must be used below 1000ft. 98% of jumpers do were helmets and other protection. Floor and sides of jump ships are padded

Dealing with power failures and aircraft emergencies are fully covered during jumpers initial training and at regular intervals. After all aircraft accidents are the biggest killer of skydivers. 6 POB and one seat, biggest injury was to the one seated.

J170 Owner. Don't block the door you will get trampled in the rush. don't remember much of your training do you? Above 500ft and below 500ft.

Landing with an aircraft happens occasionally due to cloud, wind, ATC.

These incident and accident posts are supposed to be here to help suppress rumour and hearsay.

Not for idle chitty chatt and dum ass remarks.

Can anyone actually comment on how the aircraft ended up where it did?

Had a Skydiver here some years ago who always replied to the above with "You show me a perfectly good areoplane and I will get a LAME who will spend thousands on it to bring it up to scratch?????????"

I had no reply for him - he owned a C207

FrankM

• Like 1

The context that we used to use it in when I was doing jumps was, anything that wasn't on fire, had the engine running, and the wings were still attached to, was a"perfectly good aeroplane". and therefore you have no sane reason to jump out of it. Nev

These incident and accident posts are supposed to be here to help suppress rumour and hearsay.

Hi Ozzie,

If you are refering to my post in your above remark then please accept my apologies. I do tend to let my sense of humour dominate sometimes and this may have been the case in this instance.

I will try to be more serious in the future when the post is in fact a serious matter.

Alan. (couldn't find the 'Sorry' smiley).

The context that we used to use it in when I was doing jumps was, anything that wasn't on fire, had the engine running, and the wings were still attached to, was a"perfectly good aeroplane". and therefore you have no sane reason to jump out of it. Nev

I realise it was a toung in cheek comment and I have obviously offended some which was not the intent - but that is life and I will live with it

FrankM

No one bounces around loose in the back, single point restraints must be used below 1000ft. 98% of jumpers do were helmets and other protection. Floor and sides of jump ships are paddedDealing with power failures and aircraft emergencies are fully covered during jumpers initial training and at regular intervals. After all aircraft accidents are the biggest killer of skydivers. 6 POB and one seat, biggest injury was to the one seated.

J170 Owner. Don't block the door you will get trampled in the rush. don't remember much of your training do you? Above 500ft and below 500ft.

Landing with an aircraft happens occasionally due to cloud, wind, ATC.

Can anyone actually comment on how the aircraft ended up where it did?

Rude, rude, rude.