Governing Bodies

Admin

Now that the dust has settled, and the doc saying today that my blood pressure is the lowest it has been in 6 months, a Governing Bodies forum has been created from scratch.

However, the forum is hidden, it is out of public view, any thread or post will NOT come up in "What's New" or Latest Threads, or anywhere else for that matter, plus it can only be accessed by registered site users in clicking the link to it on the sub forum list under Australian General Discussion.

This means that those few users that wish to discuss politics, can do so in their own little area hidden away from the general user public...the latest thread/post from it doesn't even show up in the main forum list as well.

Those few users that have seen fit to leave the site and throw abuse towards myself and this site, have done nothing more then show a character of a little child throwing a tantrum after a toy is taken away from them, and now that they have gone away, we can all get this site working the way it was intended to be. However, what I do with this site is my decision and my decision only, as I am the one paying for it, the one doing all the work day in and day out to provide it for those that appreciate the help that it can provide them. This doesn't give a small group of individuals the right to dictate what I do with it or dictate to the majority of other site users.

If the new Governing Bodies forum gets out of hand, then again, I will just simply delete it.

I am willing to bet that it won't get used now anyway as it is out of public and other site user's view so that will tell the true story. However, if any comment is made in any of the general forums as a spill over from the Governing Bodies forum, the post will immediately be deleted and a 7 day suspension given.

As I have said several times, the General Discussion forum will still contain information announcements etc from our governing bodies anyway so the general users will still get to hear about any special announcements etc.

• Like 7

I must be locking myself out of "Australian General Discussion" can't get on to that page and the link.

I found it yesterday and Col Jones was in there ready to answer questions, but nobody was asking. Hope I don't eventually get back and find.......a skeleton.

This looks like a good idea to me, will stop a lot of the passing traffic which likes to just drop in and throw a spoke in what can be complicated discussions.

In there you will also be able to see if any Governing Body Representatives are currently online as well with their usernames appearing at the top of the forum...soon this will also be further enhanced in the same way as ALL site users in being able to click a currently online user's username and a popup interactive chat window will open so you can have a one on one instant chat with them or with any other user on the site.

enh12.jpg.36ef2726f74a1ca49b5fc29ec0ea76cd.jpg

There are a lot of enhancements, like this, coming to this site making it easier, more friendly and more interactive between everyone.

You may be in the GA section or one of the other dedicated sections...the Governing Bodies forum in this case is for Recreational...the GA Governing Bodies forum will be coming soon

ground control to Major Turb......Fssst. Nev

Well I'm not a REAL Major, but I found my way in eventually, and there was Col waiting to take questions again, but I couldn't think of one.

Is that what you used to do in the three holer days: "Fssst, this is transair 727 Delta Victor Lima, Mount Lofty with important passengers, even though I'm late because I slept in" followed by "Fssst, Adelaide Control, go right ahead, past that poor sole in the PA28 who's been fighting a head wind for six hours" "Fssst, and by the way, you can park right next to the tower where the red carpet is"

I must admit it works though, that's how I call the wife.

Sleeping in is your worst nightmare. Don't know about the special treatment. Can't recall any of that. Just a traveller in aluminium tubing like all the others. Recreationally you fly when YOU want to. That's a big plus. Nev

It was more romantic in those days. As a kid I was lucky enough the get to use the old corrugated iron Ansett Terminal right next to the runway, and watch the DC6B's landing sometimes on the grass (or maybe they just skidded off), then with Southern Airlines in Herons where, if you asked, they'd fly over your property.

It's not the same. It's too sterile. You never get wet with aerobridges, everywhere. You don't get to look at the plane as you walk out to get on it.

My first trip in a heavy, was SY-ML on a DC6B for an interview. The DC6 was the plane I most wanted to fly, and it did the New Guinea trips. They were used on the ML-HB -LT-ML legs also, but the short trips did not suit the R-2800's.

I managed second best with four years on the DC-4 and plenty of trips to PNG. (Moresby- Lae).I didn't realise what special flying that was till it was over. How does the song go? "You don't know what you've got till it's gone". ( or something like that).. Nev

Certainly more personal, back then. Cabin ready was something like,'"Take it away ace" . Real characters are regarded with suspicion, now . It's probably safer to have everything standardised, so you can fit in with anyone without having to ask your self . What does he/she really mean? Nev

Hi All:

I have been a member and visitor to the site for some time now but never posted a comment or response. My return to aviation, like quite a few members, was via GA to recreational flying. That happened in my sixties and continues now into my seventies. The vehicle for this pleasure trip is an SP Jabiru which I built in 2001 upon retirement. What a great source of ongoing enjoyment recreational flying is!

My working life started in the hospitality industry and moved to Adult Education for the last thirty years. Community education, and governance systems for the community based sector, has been an interest, and a passion, during that time.

I have also been privileged to have sat on a number of boards of National community based organisations over those years.

It is therefore with some interest that I have followed the governance debate over the preceding months. I am also pleased that this forum will continue and that the opportunity for voices to be heard will continue, which will be good for the future of Recreation Aviation in Australia.

• Like 2