So Why aren't you Flying?

Guest davidh10

Guest davidh10

I noticed this morning that there's a bunch of the usual suspects on the Forum, which on such a lovely day prompts me to pose the question above?

My excuse is that I flew on Friday (Pleasant flight to Violet Town via Benalla) evening and Saturday morning (To Mt Goombargana, Burrumbutock and back via Corowa) . Today is chores day :-(

Watched a meat bomber at Corowa as I skirted around the AD to keep clear of jumpers, as they called 5 minutes just as I was at 10 miles. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more exciting to watch. As the aircraft was dropping from FL115 and I was at 4,500' it was pretty small, once I did spot it. I only saw one canopy and it was not until it was close to landing...again looked quite small from about 3 miles off to the side. Certainly not worth a photo...would have been luck to be a full pixel!

Plenty of gliders pulled out next to the runway too, but not in the air at the time.

I was away in Gympie for a family gathering (Grandma's birthday party)

But I did happen to notice a yellow aeroplane flying around out to the east of Gympie from where I was standing out front of the house. What a glorious weekend weather wise up here!? Very clear!

Actually even managed a take a photo on my phone I was that impressed.

296381_1612008956888_1736203604_844500_1192383212_n.jpg

I have not flown since end August,Couple weeks later I was in hospital and Dr dont want me to fly just yet.I was hoping to take a mate for a fly before he moved away but that is only 2 weeks away so I guess I will have to fly up there and take him for a fly

I'm trying to finish my TW endorsement then I have to get a 2 stroke endorsement (i'm lucky enough to live close to an instructor with a thruster :) Then after that i have to grow the B@lls to do my first flight in my recently purchased supapup... A huge task for me and i'm fairly cautious to say the least.

Haven't flown since early October 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Attempted to go up on Friday morning early to start circuits but winds gusting to 20 knots weren't really ideal for my first go at circuits. Planning to go flying Tuesday afternoon but the forecasted winds of 30 knots may have other plans. Damned weather!

On a similar note we had a lightning storm hanging off the coast last night that looked nothing short of apocalyptic, seriously it would have been lucky to have been a half second gap between bolts shooting across the sky for hours. A spectacular sight indeed.... but these daily storms don't help my flying!

I noticed this morning that there's a bunch of the usual suspects on the Forum, which on such a lovely day prompts me to pose the question above?My excuse is that I flew on Friday (Pleasant flight to Violet Town via Benalla) evening and Saturday morning (To Mt Goombargana, Burrumbutock and back via Corowa) . Today is chores day :-(

Did you notice the airstrip a little south east of Mt Goombargana heading towards Brocklesby? This is the Drew's airstrip and I have used it occasionally when visiting my sister's place at Brocklesby.

The town RSL has an engine from an Avro Anson mounted outside. During WWII, two Ansons collided near Brock and locked together. The crew of the bottom one bailed out and so did the cre of the top one except for the pilot. He flew both aircraft still locked together and landed them in a paddock. The top aircraft was repaired and flew again but the botom one was a w/o http://www.ozatwar.com/ozcrashes/nsw144.htm

kaz

The T300 is still in 200 pieces, the Hummelbird is awaiting flight testing after yet another fuel tank repair and the L/Wing is on the ground pending receipt of the exhaust headers fm Ballina so I couldn't do any flying today - HOWEVER - seven other machines comprising rag & tube, weight shift, gyros & plastic fantastics (plus three times that many drivers/crew and hangers-on) travelled fm Bindoon (YBOO) to Wongan Hills for a very pleasant 'lunch away'. I drove over (with the WIFE AS CREW I might add) to ferry pilots & pass fm the airstrip to town for lunch & back. Magic day with marvellous people. It was too good a day to stay home. cheers y'all

I'm trying to finish my TW endorsement then I have to get a 2 stroke endorsement (i'm lucky enough to live close to an instructor with a thruster :) Then after that i have to grow the B@lls to do my first flight in my recently purchased supapup... A huge task for me and i'm fairly cautious to say the least.

Don't worry too much Nunan, both the Supa Pups and Aeropups are very easy to fly and very forgiving. You will enjoy the experience.

Alan.

Guest davidh10
Did you notice the airstrip a little south east of Mt Goombargana heading towards Brocklesby? This is the Drew's airstrip and I have used it occasionally when visiting my sister's place at Brocklesby.

No actually I didn't, but it is probably somewhere in this photo that I took during the flight.

The town RSL has an engine from an Avro Anson mounted outside. During WWII, two Ansons collided near Brock and locked together. The crew of the bottom one bailed out and so did the cre of the top one except for the pilot. He flew both aircraft still locked together and landed them in a paddock. The top aircraft was repaired and flew again but the botom one was a w/o http://www.ozatwar.com/ozcrashes/nsw144.htm

kaz

An interesting story. Thanks Kaz. I was completely unaware of it.