Where in the Sydney area?

So being relatively new to the Sydney area (actually to Australia as a whole), I would like to find an airport that is easy to get to from Sutherland, that has a flying school that offers RAA training? I did a TIF at Bankstown, but from what I could gather, flying from Bankstown in a RAA plane is a tedious affair.

Is Camden going to be my next closest or have I missed another spot?? It just seems so far to drive before you get to fly!!! Maybe I should just move:bash:

Thanks in advance for you help.

Shawn

Shawn,

Camden has one school where you can fly RAA seven days a week. The next one is The Oaks, which is about 20 minutes from Camden. There are two schools there. Sydney Recreational Flying Club operates mostly on the weekends. There is also Dave's Flying School which flies every day except Monday.

Both locations provide easy access to runways with minimal holding time. The only advantage I see for Camden is that you will be flying in controlled airspace, and the necessity to be up to standard with your radio work is no burden to carry. You will be flying Jabirus (if we can keep the engines working)

At The Oaks you will have a wider choice of aircraft types and will be able to choose between tail draggers and tricycles u/c.

Look forward to seeing you over in our airspace.

Old Man Emu

Oaks and Camden are great choices and light years ahead of dodging heavy traffic and heaps of students at Bankstown.

When the battle of health and money have been fought and victory declared- I will be at Camden or the Oaks.

Phil

OME- beware the Jabiru mafia are strong.

Shawn 'The Gong' (Wollongong), non controlled) is your closest from Sutherland, Jaspers Brush (non controlled) a little further at Berry. Then of course as the boys have said Camden (CTA) and the Oaks (non controlled)

Shawn,I operate RAA flight training from Wollongong airport 6 days a week.

Jabiru J160, J170, J230 (x2) and a Piper Sport.

You can pm me for details.

Regards,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I will be chatting to you soon.