some good news on the gatton airport

fly_tornado

Guest Andys@coffs

hmmm looked on Google maps and assuming the webpage scale is accurate it isnt that far from Amberley, about 10-12nm I would have guessed. Surely that will be problematic wont it ? I havent got an uptodate BNE VNC but would assume that is still in the 0ft to infinity part of the upside down wedding cake.......

Andy

hmmm looked on Google maps and assuming the webpage scale is accurate it isnt that far from Amberley, about 10-12nm I would have guessed. Surely that will be problematic wont it ? I havent got an uptodate BNE VNC but would assume that is still in the 0ft to infinity part of the upside down wedding cake.......Andy

R620D starts at 4500 with danger area below

hmmm looked on Google maps and assuming the webpage scale is accurate it isnt that far from Amberley, about 10-12nm I would have guessed. Surely that will be problematic wont it ? I havent got an uptodate BNE VNC but would assume that is still in the 0ft to infinity part of the upside down wedding cake.......Andy

HI Andy, was thinking the same.Gatton Airpark is a stones throw away as well.Im not sure how it is going to pan out at the moment.

• 1 month later...

no. its in this months Sport Pilot, they are selling 100 plots @ $300K to pay for the $30M spend. personally, I think its too high, a club with 3- 5 aircraft would need $600K just to be able to setup there

Hmmm ... suffering the same syndrome are they ... they think that everyone who has an aircraft has plenty of money to spend? I would have thought the opposite. Good luck to them in this economic climate, I would have thought that someone cocked up if they did their sums relying on $300K per block. But you just never know!

Then ... what are the outgoings? The outgoings may figure a more significant number.

no. its in this months Sport Pilot, they are selling 100 plots @ $300K to pay for the $30M spend. personally, I think its too high, a club with 3- 5 aircraft would need $600K just to be able to setup there

No Probs FT.My mag has just arrived.I have not read the story yet. Gatton Airpark is just up the road.Im sure their prices are/where cheaper (I think).Not sure if there is any blocks availiable at Gatton.

There is a house for sale at Boonah which backs onto the airfield.(just remove the fence to taxi onto the strip)It is a 4 bedroom log cabin style home. Its price is $438 K.It has a Carport. Nil garage or hangar.

PS- I have not seen the house at Boonah but I saw the realestate advert on the net.

This does not sound very smart ... In this day and age if you could operate a business from a residential block with airport access or live on a combined residential/ business zoned block on an airport it would have significant advantages (they are doing that in New Zealand now). To exclude residential in the zoning is very limiting to buyers, unless of course they want it solely as a commercial operating airport.

Being a successful property developer, Kim Rolph Smith can see an opportunity in being involved with Randall MacFarlane in developing an airport in the Brisbane -Toowoomba growth corridor. (In fact blind Freddy can see it.) The looming demise of Archerfield airport as we currently know it within the next three years as it is going to be too cost prohibitive to operate unless you are corporate or an RPT operator. This will of course force current Archerfield tenants and the majority of users to look elsewhere hence Gatton airport. If you want to build a house and a hangar, there is always the gatton airpark option.