The Airspace Above Your Property

David Isaac

I recall a legal case against a local council in vic a few years back. A feller on a small property got his raa certificat bought a plane and built a strip on the only part of his small property useable .Not being a plane fan the next door nieghbour complained about the plane ,he first called the police who said theirs nothing they can do(correct) then he went and seen the council,,the council then sent a letter telling the pilot he could no longer opperate his plane from his small semi-rural srtip.. the neigh bour gets approval from council to build a shed along fence line dirrectly in line with strip.. so pilot takes them to court and wins,next door had to build els where and council was finned, why? well the ONLY organization that can say yay or nay is CASA...and for that matter you can put an AEROPLANe strip anywhaere you see fit..but if it where a helli..you gota get permission(and good luck) So why couldnt the nighbour put up his shed? well he could have if he had done before the strip was built but apparently first in...lol So it seems CASA are responcable for the air down low?,,no w heres somthing to ponder,Im an ex freesyle moto cross rider and used to practice at my semi suburban property, I would reach an average hight of 45ft and average distance of 80ft, now if I hit a plane whos responsable? heres a a pic of me 47ft high 85 long at home sherlock, yep thats the mound where one of my wind socks now sit,and trees at hanger.. crazy bugger:score 010:

ssg.jpg.eda1db69890c9386382ce98cd30868ac.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres somthing to ponder,Im an ex freesyle moto cross rider and used to practice at my semi suburban property, I would reach an average hight of 45ft and average distance of 80ft, now if I hit a plane whos responsable? heres a a pic of me 47ft high 85 long at home sherlock, yep thats the mound where one of my wind socks now sit,and trees at hanger.. crazy bugger:score 010:[ATTACH=full]17451[/ATTACH]

OK Flyerme, where are the 19 -_ _ _ _ numbers clearly displayed on the aircraft in this picture???

• Like 2

Brought up on a diet of Krusty Demons no doubt. Nev

HA HA YEP!! and named my son Seth... after Seth Enslow... it was iether Seth or Orville?lol Now back to topic I dont want to high jack anyones thread.....095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

• Like 1