Guess The Airstrip

Guest brentc

Yep, Narooma it is. A nice looking strip that one. Not sure what the go is, apparently deceased owners and their kids own it but are based in the USA.

Yep, Narooma it is. A nice looking strip that one. Not sure what the go is, apparently deceased owners and their kids own it but are based in the USA.

There was a rumour going around for a few years that it was own by Mel Gibson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

????????

Hi All.

I have been waiting to go somewhere special before posting my first one on this thread. But then again flying anywhere is somewhere special, isn't it?

Sorry about not being picture perfect but I think its pretty obvious.

It was a great day and to get to fly there was just fantastic.

Happy guessing.

Sean.

2008_110410005.JPG.e368567067742ed66ca9abf86d2b5179.JPG

2008_110410007.JPG.993a37bba0310cc8a95fc3407e1797b3.JPG

2008_110410008.JPG.341fa7b506769c45e72b284e9bfa118d.JPG

2008_110410009.JPG.10cd6d66a81ae31aa90aced65398dbd6.JPG

Gees that only took 5 minutes, is that some sort of a record for "Guess the Airstrip"?

Yes, Amberley it is, first day of the air show.

My next "Guess the Airstrip" will be less obvious, I hope.

Safe flying to all.

Sean.

Gees that only took 5 minutes, is that some sort of a record for "Guess the Airstrip"?Yes, Amberley it is, first day of the air show.

My next "Guess the Airstrip" will be less obvious, I hope.

Safe flying to all.

Sean.

C17s kind of gave it away...

• 2 weeks later...
Good old Hervey Bay, I recognised my old trail bike stomping grounds on the right. ;) Say, can I land there on an RAA license or do I need GA with a Transponder?

That's the one....:thumb_up:

Wouldn't know if you could land there being Raa, but I do know that there is trikes and that there, so could be possible....!

We had a joy flight with one of the flight training guys there...at the start of the year... Just came across the photo again...:big_grin:

How about this one? I was there two days ago.

That's a bit difficult...049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif Let me think...:confused:.... it must be near Cunnamulla some where, Surely ...;)

Tomo... I'll give you a clue, it's a public strip and not one on a lonely old property somewhere. And no I wasn't on a very low final, I went there by 4wd and took that from the ground. You can see it quite clearly on Google Earth.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good timing with this thread.

i was at my friends place last night looking at his photos of his latest tripdown to the antartic. the recent medivac of the guy who broke his leg meant that his trip down in the airbus turned into an 8hr torture flight in the NZ Air Force Herc departing Christchurch. Crowded and loud. when i drop back over next week i'll get him to burn the aircraft photos and the more intersting stuff onto cd and i'll try and resize them and post them here.

He goes there to study the interaction of the suns and earths magnetic fields i really try to understand this but i have some trouble after the basics. i mean how do you get something to ossillate at 1 hertz @ 1000 seconds.