Guess The Airstrip

Guest pelorus32
Hey Mike, can you make the picture bigger? I can't make out the strip ;).Paul

G'day Paul,

it looks right on my machine and then huge here :yuk:

I also doon't have photoshop atm so can't resize it.

Sorry,

Mike

Looks huge here :yuk:. I don't have photoshop atm so can't resize it.Mike

Hi Mike,

Hope you don't mind, I reworked your photo a little to make it more viewable. I've done my bit, now your turn ... any hints? It looks way too quiet for Shepp :big_grin:.

Paul

Guest pelorus32
Hi Mike,Hope you don't mind, I reworked your photo a little to make it more viewable. I've done my bit, now your turn ... any hints? It looks way to quiet for Shepp :big_grin:.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

that works much better.

Hints...no it's not Shepp ;-)

It was taken fairly early in the morning though.

Regards

Mike

Yeah, too easy. How did you get onto it so quickly? I think I'll have to go flying somewhere interesting soon to get some more pics.Paul

I copied the picture to see it I could enlarge it to see the runway numbers. When I pasted it on my desktop it had YCOM in the file name. :)

This should be an easy one.092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif[ATTACH]4244[/ATTACH]

Hi Tvaner,

I tried to open your attachment but only got this message ...

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I've not seen pics posted like this before. What's different?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Attachment was posted following the forum instructions. It worked earlier on today & is now doing the same to me. Will have another look tomorrow. I'm currently at work & without access to the photo.

See if you can get this one:

Mike, I've searched all over the WAC for strips within reasonable distance from Shepp but can't find anything that looks remotely like this ... I think remote might be a key description for this one, it looks very quiet and with no infrastructure. Is it a farm strip? You say an early morning flight so shadows appear to indicate a rwy in NNE/SSW ish profile and looks like windsock is east side of middle.

Any more clues mate?

Paul

Hi Guys, there are a lot of good images in this post. Have you all added them to the airstrips info page. If not, why not? I was browsing earlier today and I found very few images. Many of us will never be able to actually fly to these remote and interesting places and would value these photos greatly.

Guest pelorus32
Mike, I've searched all over the WAC for strips within reasonable distance from Shepp but can't find anything that looks remotely like this ... I think remote might be a key description for this one, it looks very quiet and with no infrastructure. Is it a farm strip? You say an early morning flight so shadows appear to indicate a rwy in NNE/SSW ish profile and looks like windsock is east side of middle.Any more clues mate?

Paul

G'day Paul,

haven't checked whether it is in the WAC but it is close to Shepp. I flew out there, took a photo and then flew south and circled at 3800' watching whilst my daughter and her instructor did forced landing practice and landed on a local dirt strip. Then I practised wingovers and flew back to Shepp - 1.0 hour.

Both strips in the Google Earth Airstrips page.

Can't give you more than that :star:

Regards

Mike