Guess The Airstrip

Looks like a great trip and great experience Geoff.

Fog here this morning - now low cloud. Yesterday's fog eventually turned into towering cumulus.

Regards

Hi Geoff great point in uploading the map of the trip.

I eventually saved the 97K version & printed it out to about 75% of an A4 sheet. It is mostly readable but would have probably been a fair bit better if you got it sized up closer to the forum limit of 150 KBytes for a JPG file which gives a far greater resolution and is about as small as you want to go to get a reasonable resolution printout.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vigilant

Here is another one for your perusal

This probably won't be too hard.

Altitude 260ft

Magnetic Deviation E10.429°

RWY 3 APPR 25°

RWY 21 APPR 205°

Length 1955x98 CLA

RWY 14 APPR 138°

RWY 32 APPR 318°

Length 4600x59 ASP

hangars-planes-airport.jpg.3f1f9255439b2859b620a1be9c9f8288.jpg

2.jpg.140ef7581df7d020bcff47528c038945.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J430

Yep too easy alright....Gympie.

Crazy strip! steep one end and like an aircraft carrier at the other.

Nice Pics none the less.

So have you a Jab at Gympie?

J;)

Guest Vigilant

Jab at Gympie?

No Jab at Gympie, flew a Sportstar up there last year for 6.5 hrs. Have only done one hour since 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif in Tas in a Jab out of Devonport. Unfortunately work, promotion courses, renovations and an operation has seen me out of action.

I am looking forward to taking some leave later in the year or early next year and getting airborne again (that is if my step daughters wedding does not cost too much!!)

• 2 months later...
Guest pianolaman

Hi. I useto jackaroo at Dundoo when it was 250.000 acres.That was back in in 1950 or there abouts.Back then we ran 20.000 sheep and 2.000 cattle I still can show scares on my hands from when we castrated the mickies. In those days we employed 20 odd ringers and 2 jackeroos. I last visited in 2004. The Homestead and quarters was burnt down about 1960 and the property had been cut down to 60.000 acres and about 5,000 sheep.

pianolaman

It seems a pity to see all of these great pics of airports and guessing of them, when it would also be a great resource if they were in a listing and put in the "Airfields" section. Aswell as being put thru this section. Its good to know what the strip looks like when your planning a trip.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the history/story behind this strip?

It's at a small place called Redesdale. (Central Victoria) You can see the white tyres on the left that mark the start of the strip which runs behind the double ended hanger. (not far from the petrol station)

I have flown over it but didn't have the camera. :;)4: It's bent like a banana in the middle. ;)

regards

747218310_RedesdaleHanger.jpg.62063a981d3b8afd891a7f35bbc0ad29.jpg

Ok have a crack at this one, an I know some RAA machines have been here too so somebody must recgnise it.

And yes the screens have been photoshopped to stop the smart ar$e$. Pity my hair was photoshopped too, it can't be really that grey!049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif