Guess The Airstrip

Hint- it's not in this country, but I'd love to land there (again).

Ross

Have done the preliminary flight planning.

It looks like fuel might be a bit tight if you depart from Cooma.

Regards Geoff

David - the answer was in post #153. It was Rio, but not the Galeão Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport which is on Governor's island as you describe, it's the Santos Dumont airport used for some domestic flights.

It's right on the edge of the city. As you pointed out, that's the extremely long Niteroi bridge behind it.

Geoff - not a problem. I'll take gerry cans.

Guest David C

I guess given the railway branch line and highway , which I reckon is the New England Highway , this must be Singleton ..

David C

Good to meet you to Ross, and PaulN come on how about a hint:sad:

Hi there Geoff,

Sorry for delay, been away enjoying the CT up to Gold Coast and back. If your asking about my last airfield pic, Pelourus32 guessed it, YADY (Adaminaby). I have a few more to post soon, when I get time to download the camera.

Talk some more then,

Paul

PS It was good to catch up at Natfly.

Hi David,

Your second pic is a wee bit hard to pick at such low alt (not enough visual cues) but I figure your first one is located 128nm from YCAB on a bearing of 088M :;)5:.

From what I've seen of the J430 she's a nice aircraft. Is your reg'd RA-Aus or VH? What's she like on a long haul?

Paul

Guest pelorus32

Hi Paul,

That looks like the strip just south of Kew on the Pacific Highway in the Camden Haven area. I used to drive past it often.

Regards

Mike

Its the Lower Hunter, a lovely green area... (hint its not paint or green window tinting)

Camden haven is above, with the lawn bowls runway! and its for sale! and lotto ticket is in!

J430- is the bottom one Caboulture? and the top one i was going to say Maryborough, but theres no town where it should be so im wrong on that one..

Camden Haven is it. And what a lovely strip. And a lovely couple who are selling it, Bob and Nellie Furness. Give them a call a negotiate a good price.

Hey, here's a thought. Why not all of us forum members chip in to buy this property and as Gwen and I are keen to move into that part of the coast we can be the live-in caretakers. We can call it Recreationalflying.come and visit sometime.

Paul

Its the Lower Hunter, a lovely green area... (hint its not paint or green window tinting)

Rob,

I reckon your "lovely green" strip is Singleton (10/28) with the army barracks in the background (spent a few days there in a past life).

Paul