Guess The Airstrip

Temperature going up.

Nothing like the Scone I regularly land at:laugh:I'm thinking it must be in Qld................ Just over the NSW border somewhere

You are getting warmer.

Sean.

Lock it in Eddy, I mean Yenn

That has got to be runway 33 Rockhampton.

Give that man a cigar......

Congratulations Yenn, it is indeed RWY33 YBRK

A number of us flew out of YCAB to spend a few days at Raglan and we also went to Rocky for a day trip to see the MIG and an RV in final stage of a build. The photo of RWY33 Approach was taken from a “Sud Horizon” Model # GY80.

Attached is a photo of our aircrafts parked at Raglan.

CU

Sean.

raglan.jpg.ca14e5f19f4f1acececab4237f7e95b9.jpg

Sean. I bet it was nice and quiet at raglan. Did Leonie look after you well or was it Ronny and Helen.

Don't know why it took me so long to see it was Rocky, I have flown there often enough.

Fantastic

Sean. I bet it was nice and quiet at raglan. Did Leonie look after you well or was it Ronny and Helen.Don't know why it took me so long to see it was Rocky, I have flown there often enough.

Hi Yenn.

Yes, we all had a fantastic time and we were all very well looked after by Ron, Helen, Lynne, Kiwi & Leonie.

But please don't ask me about the Karaoke.....!!!!!!!

I must be the only person in the world where someone has been singing Karaoke and was instructed to put down the mic and step away......!!!!!!

But the more Bundy & Cokes I drink the more I sound like Frank Sinatra, I did it my way...........Go figure......

I look forward to the next time we go to Raglan.

It is my longest XC to date, at over 500NM and some 8.7 hrs on the clock in total. And to fly in company with other aircraft & friends, it doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Until my next "Guess The Airstrip".

Cheers.

Sean.

• 1 month later...

It was just where I opened up the forum and I didn't realise at the time that it was so old, sometimes it doesn't open at last page for some reason. Possibly because I have 2 left hands or maybe just because it is a computer.

• 2 months later...

Yeah pretty much.... although I didn't land at all, just went and had a bit of a look and checked the place out. Seems like a pretty good strip I thought to.

Guest Maj Millard

Hey I've flown over Tara (Inglewood -Chinchilla) and I didn't see that strip !!...must have been having lunch.........................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Now if we were flying in the States we wouldn't be able to play this game. All the strips over there have the name painted in the middle, which is also a great nav aid. If you 'google earth' Elderslie (just east of Greta and North of Lyskintyre in the Hunter Vally) you'll see how it is done. This is the type off good stuff that CASA should spend their time doing for us aviators, who pay thier wages and retirement funds..................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hey I've flown over Tara (Inglewood -Chinchilla) and I didn't see that strip !!...must have been having lunch.........................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

It is easy to miss if you not paying attention... and if you're coming from the east you can't see it till you're over it... due to the tree line in the front, if it wasn't for the town and the highway out of town I probably would have had trouble finding it also.