Guess The Airstrip

I'm still down here waiting for a weather window to get home. Pretty amazing seeing the A319 Airbus just sitting in the middle of nowhere (the areodrome is inland, up on the plateau) , white , white, white....

cheers

Peter

I am pretty fasinated by the Antartic. I'll spend hours just going thru his photos. The enormous scale of the place. what can initially look like a small ice ridge or something comes into perspective when you realise that the group of dots you think at first are seals are actually a group of huts. when comparing some of his early trips to the latest it is good to see how they have cleaned the place up. he was a Scott base.

Talking to him will be the closest i'll ever get to going there. I'll skip the winter shift tho.

Ozzie

, white , white, white....

How do you go with VFR naving?

You follow the white road to the white township, being careful to observe the white fields so you can distinguish between the that white area with the white one over there... Gee, I'm turning white just thinking about it:laugh:

Ps. I wonder if they use white wind socks!!

I think Air NZ proved that it can be a disaster. the DC10 and it's passengers are still on Mount Erebus. Don't srew up chances are they can't bring you home

Guest Darenpow

I used to drive past regularly between Pacific Palms and Port Macquarie whilst working down at the Palms for about 6 months a couple of years ago. One thing I noticed, the strip has lights, but you would need to know exactly how to get in there obstacle free at night.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Air tractor

Not nice.....

I'll tell the owner what you said about his lovely aircraft.

And it is a lovely aircraft at that too.

Sean.

Cold

My first post :)That looks like Pigeon House in the background, so I'd say, Nowra?

Sorry, no prize there.

I will give you a little hint.

Nowra is cold, go north to get warmer.

Sean.

Overshoot

Can I try..... Just to narrow the field a bit - Is it in the Northern Territory (looks like it could be)Cheers

Dexter

We have gone from one extreme to another and have completely melted.

You now have to do a 180 of sorts.

Good luck.

Sean.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A stab in the dark- Maybe YLEC - Leigh Creek SA Airport

Nice try but no cigar.

And we have gone way back to freezing point, brrrrrrrr......

Sean