Airborne SST incident?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys worst case scenario,i spoke to a guy on sat when i picked up my xt912 sst tundra,he went all the way to perth for a bargin got it back to yarrawaonga only to find the base bar was bent and had very low hrs,

my point is thou,airborne only charged him $800 to fit the base bar and a new windscreen,

even if you do find a cheap one that does need minor repairs its not like its going to break the bank to repair it,,,

and as bluey stated there are alot on the market all around the $35 k mark with 300 to 400 hrs and all tourers with stk 3 wings ?

personally i still cannot see why they are $88k brand new ,if i personally was going to spend $88k on an aircraft it would be enclosed and 100knots with all the bells and whistles,

or $88k could also put you in the ga category with a full licence????

another quick point of concern is why are raa instructors on $120 an hr in your aircraft? or more ,even local ga instructors here [albury]are only $105 hr?????

my doctor is only on $75.00 hr,

are we pushing our sport into an unaffordable hobby????

Cheers

gaham

I sure wouldn't pay 88 grand for one either, the Revo is far better value with the way the dollar is at the moment and a much more refined and better built and equipped trike.

I am with you, fully enclosed and 100kts for 88 grand.

Alf

Airborne Microlight Pricing Guide:

http://www.airborne.com.au/pages/ml_microlights_Pricing.php

At $65k (Incl GST) for a top of the range Airborne trike, $88k gives you $23k to spend on other stuff on top of the aircraft, lets see how I go from memory . . .

Radio $1,300 (Microair / XCOM)

Antenna & Installation $500

Helmets & Headsets $1,500

Travel Covers $800

Camp Cover $200

Wing cover $600

Tie down kit $100

GPS $1,500 (Garmin Aera 550?)

Trailer $2,000

2 x Flight Suits $500

Barr Mitts $150

Touring windscreen $300

That's about $8,850 in extra's, so I still haven't been able to work out how the cost reaches $88k. Couldn't be $10k+ in flight training surely . . . training should be a separate expense and not included as part of the aircraft purchase in this exercise.

Quote "my doctor is only on $75.00 hr,"

At that rate I'd swap doctors VERY quickly. At that rate he is unable to afford to take time off to keep up to date & go to conferences where latest treatments are taught nor get adequate off work time to avoid psychological stressors.

• Like 1

Exactly the opposite. You want your doctor to earn enough that he can pay to go on his own to non drug company sponsored conferences. And to subscribe to peer reviewed journals not freebie glossies from the drug companies.

Exactly the opposite. You want your doctor to earn enough that he can pay to go on his own to non drug company sponsored conferences. And to subscribe to peer reviewed journals not freebie glossies from the drug companies.

according to our cfi that $88k price is for the sst trike and the majority of the price was to pay for the certification of the wing which cost them a million odd dollars ??

think an stk 3 would do me fine but still would not pay $65k to sit out in the open!!!!

there are way to many bargins around well under that price?

Guest Crezzi

1000 wings would be about 40 years of sales !

The SST wing does not make that much difference to the price - its only a grand or so more than an S3 IIRC