Old Station Fly-in coming up fast...25-26th May...whos' going ?........

Guest Maj Millard

What else could they have had to make it more fun, I am thinking ladies jelly wrestling.

You must of missed the late night riding of the mechanical bull by some of the local ladies. The funniest of these was my wife trying to get up on to the bull ( which is difficult as she is so short ) when Ronnie Creed valiantly tried to help but only suceeded in pushing her right up, over and straight off the other side!!!!

As part of the team greeting arriving aircraft I took photos of every aircraft there. I will tally up some numbers and report later but the Savanagh was definitely the highest number of type.

Definitely another top weekend at Old Station, lets hope the weather is kinder next year.

Guest Maj Millard

Was all ready for departure Friday as were several others from up this way. Weather gods had other ideas however, in fact Friday had some of the foulest weather i've seen up here for a while !!...and that's saying something. Pulled out the tent and folding chair this afternoon and went for a nice fly in some nice smooth air with great viz....perfect weather for xc flying in fact...........nature can be a bitch sometimes !!...next year....and Monto before that...i am happy to hear that the show went ok though, Leone and the crew do good work down there, and all power to them......................................Maj...031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif....kicking.gif.49e03b0103db466637ff8d6beee39c3b.gif

You must of missed the late night riding of the mechanical bull by some of the local ladies. The funniest of these was my wife trying to get up on to the bull ( which is difficult as she is so short ) when Ronnie Creed valiantly tried to help but only suceeded in pushing her right up, over and straight off the other side!!!!As part of the team greeting arriving aircraft I took photos of every aircraft there. I will tally up some numbers and report later but the Savanagh was definitely the highest number of type.

Definitely another top weekend at Old Station, lets hope the weather is kinder next year.

Great weekend as usual at 'Old Station' Missed the jelley wrestling but managed to see the womens cross cut saw comp with Leonie and the girls getting into it.

Good to catch up with you and Helen again. Departed OSN 8.30 this morning (Mon) for Talegalla . Had a good run in the Tecnam. Pity about the 20kt headwind.

Mick

You must of missed the late night riding of the mechanical bull by some of the local ladies. The funniest of these was my wife trying to get up on to the bull ( which is difficult as she is so short ) when Ronnie Creed valiantly tried to help but only suceeded in pushing her right up, over and straight off the other side!!!!As part of the team greeting arriving aircraft I took photos of every aircraft there. I will tally up some numbers and report later but the Savanagh was definitely the highest number of type.

Mick I would have paid big money to see H ride that bull.

Bernie.

If you saw the ladies sawing, you probably saw me with the chainsaw. I was the old bloke with the small saw and the smallest log. My saw is 1/3 the power of the others, plus I have never done a log split before. Good fun, but hard work. I was so busy I had no idea what was going on around me. Good job I had an expert offsider, otherwise I would still be finishing.

Leonie was giving away over 30 years to the competition. What a great effort.

Guest Maj Millard

Good to hear you all had some fun down there, great stuff ........................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I have finally tallied up the numbers. Total attendance was 54 aircraft, highest number of type was the Savvys with 10, followed by 8 Jabs & 8 Cessnas.

Fastest, loudest and coolest was definitely the Mig 15 making it's last flight ( it's airframe is time expired ) to be stored at Old Station.

Classiest as always was Des Porter's DH Dragon which was kept busy doing plenty of joy rides.

Most notable absence was the Trojan & Yak from Archerfield kept away by weather like lots of others.

Next year will be bigger & better.

Great to see club "cab Sav" and Reg and Gundy form the "Savannah Soaring(sawing) club. Thanks for everyone's hospitality and Reg's burgers on sat night. Well done to Mark Grey for his first big solo Nav in his new Sav too. Let's own it next year too!