Lets get dancing!

"Of the 3 primary airplane flight controls, pitch, roll and yaw: yaw control is the least understood and least utilized. But yaw control is primary to tame stalls, prevent spins, keep tailwheel airplanes going straight during takeoff and landing, and a whole host of other maneuvers."

This is one of the series of EAA webinars - free registration and you don't need to be an EAA member. The presenter this time is Tim Brill from http://www.aerobaticcompany.com/

Thursday 17th May at 10:00 am EST.

Register at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/895069970

You are absolutely spot on DJ - it never ceases to amaze me how little the rudder gets used. GA trainers may as well almost be Ercoupes for the amount of use that the rudders get. I will endeavour to register for this one.....

Whats a rudder? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

If you fly an Auster you have probably got a fair idea Louis, or failing that you would have an Auster with the most gravel rashed wingtips going!

Just refer to her as " the boss" and you'll be close.

Sometimes the rudder can be the "boss" of a situation. There are people who wouldn't know if it was disconnected. What do we do? Make a T/W endorsement compulsory? It was, when there were no tricycle U/C planes about. nev

If you fly an Auster you have probably got a fair idea Louis ...!

Louis' Auster doesn't have a rudder so I can understand him not knowing what a rudder is. Louis - that photo you posted of your lounge room some time ago - have you still got that thing that was next to the Pittspanner?

Louis' Auster doesn't have a rudder so I can understand him not knowing what a rudder is. Louis - that photo you posted of your lounge room some time ago - have you still got that thing that was next to the Pittspanner?

I can probably dig out of the pile of mess it is under, but how do I know where it put it DJ? It's not like it has left a giant hole on the back of the plane!!!!

If you fly an Auster you have probably got a fair idea Louis, or failing that you would have an Auster with the most gravel rashed wingtips going!

I tell everyone it is hangar rash caused by previous owners! augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif and whats a bit more dihedral between friends!