Culture change needed

Guest trishok

Re: Notifications of dangerous and/or illegal flying behaviours to RA Aus -

I forgot to mention that Mr Steve Tizzard, CEO of RA Aus, informed the Coroner during the Inquiry last Wednesday (16/5/12) that he had contacted his office in Canberra and from that moment a dedicated web address was to be set up and in operation by Friday (of last week - 18/5/12) for people to report their concerns.

I think my duty to pass on the information from the Coronial Inquiry is now completed and I hope you have all benefited.

Keep safe and kind regards to you all

Trish

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andys@coffs
Re: Notifications of dangerous and/or illegal flying behaviours to RA Aus -I forgot to mention that Mr Steve Tizzard, CEO of RA Aus, informed the Coroner during the Inquiry last Wednesday (16/5/12) that he had contacted his office in Canberra and from that moment a dedicated web address was to be set up and in operation by Friday (of last week - 18/5/12) for people to report their concerns.

I think my duty to pass on the information from the Coronial Inquiry is now completed and I hope you have all benefited.

Keep safe and kind regards to you all

Trish

Trish thanks for your contribution, overall considering that human nature is to want to blame others rather than closer to home I believe that your posts have been balanced and fair. I dont fully agree with the coroners recommendations, and hope that it doesnt come down to mandatory annual L2 checks of serviceability (as opposed to airworthiness) but rather than us fight them here, Steve Tizzard and the RAAus board can argue that position with the powers that be on our behalf. IMHO aviation is dangerous and our training as pilots is focussed to a large extent on managing that risk. Like most risks in life we can mitigate towards zero, but its pretty rare that complex risks can achieve a reduction to zero.

I cant see any changes to the RAA website yet, but then it may simply be a work in progress given that I think (not sure entirely) that the web work is being done by a member on a best endevours basis, which appears IMHO to have been significantly better endevours than those paid previously to do the same.....

Andy