new treasurer so i hear.

Guest ozzie

Guest ozzie

Rumor control reports the treasurer has been replaced by an ex exec from Tassie.

Confirmation and comments?

Guest ozzie

Instead of having to chase board and exec members up to confirm things, how about the RAAus issuing some sort of press release via mass emails or a regular update like other associations that i belong to. Seems the members only find out about things as hand me downs. I'm sure that Eugene and other board/exec members would rather spend his time on more important 'stuff' than reply to heaps of emails.

Well haven't we harped about that one ... it seems that there is a thought that we should dumb down our association technology to the lowest common denominator in our membership (quills for anyone ....?). Well if we did that we would still be all flying historic hand start aircraft. Why we cannot simply communicate with members by email is absolutely beyond me. The fact that some members don't or wont have email is their problem not the members' problem... why should the majority have to be dumbed down to the minority in this day and age.

Hell ... even Nev of Facthunter fame has email and look how old he is ... he is an inspiration to all the old blokes ... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

• Like 3

Guest Andys@coffs

I think that whole emails is too technically complicated is a crock.....How do these people get NOTAMS and weather briefings etc? What about Aircraft AD's? in the next 2-5years I would suggest that the chances of having any needed aviation data provided via a non IP connected device will non existant and any claims of not having a "device" will be met with the same look one would give to a cave dwelling knuckle dragger.......

But then....I really am, in this case preaching to the converted arent I

Andy

I'm with you on this one; almost everyone communicates electronically these days, and the few that don't can still get there information as they have always done. No need for that to be an argument why we shouldn't use all means for effective communication in my view.

Get with it RAA!!

Pud

The issue is not auto emails but one of keeping the website up to date with news. The fact that Eugene is now the Treasurer has not been put up as a news item but rather a status change on the board list - the last place one would look.

Does anyone know who the candidates for the annual election are?

So a news item is announced on the website relating to the resignation of two directors, but when the new Treasurer is appointed, there is no announcement just a change in role against an existing directors name ....

So now we have the old executive back together do we ... the ex-Treasurer as President and the ex-President as Treasurer. My God I hope this not a return to previous management styles ... didn't we clearly vote against that particular style at the last election.

• Like 2

Hell ... even Nev of Facthunter fame has email and look how old he is ... he is an inspiration to all the old blokes ... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

I'm saying nothin'

Kaz