Aerodrome aircraft promo

Ah crap, now you've done it. I have to wipe the drool off the computer screen. What a truly marvellous thing to own, If I could I would have one tomorrow. My bucket list just overflowed. Great to see these replicas flying.!!!!!!

I like all their aircraft and the construction used...The Dream is one of my favourites for simplicity...

Looks like the Mignet Pour de Ciel ("Flying Flea")

kaz

Lol kaz...

I think you are confusing this... with the Demoiselle...

Interestingly... regarding the Demoiselle (according to one source)

• It was designed by Santos Dumont

• It weight little more than 110kg including pilot

• It used engines from 20-40 HP over its evolution including a horizontally opposed

• Santo-Dumont released the design drawings for free

• It is regarded to have heavily influenced the Bleriot (the English Channel crossing aircraft) design heavily

• Santos-Dumont is reported to have completed the first X-country flight in this design

The June 1910 edition of the Popular Mechanics magazine published drawings of the Demoiselle and affirmed that the Dumont's plane was better than any other that had been built to that date, for those who wish to reach results with the least possible expense and with a minimum of experimenting.

So... it really was the first minimum aircraft... and still relevant today.

There was one of these or a Bleriot replica at Wanaka some years ago. It had the radial engine that turned with the prop & cut out ignition system. It flew so slowly it looked like you could run as fast.

Wouldnt it be fantastic if a few of us built these kit aircraft and make our own little squadron. We could do a dawn patrol, on the 100th year anniversary of WW1.Somewhere here in Oz.I think the wings come off them easily from memory for trailering. I would build the full Scale Sopwith Pup.That would be nice.

• Like 1