flying wild Alaska

I know a guy in Fairbanks, he said he'll take me around the place when I go to visit, in his bush plane... can't wait!! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Tom - do you know someone with an aircraft at every airport worldwide ?

Good show, but IMO Flying wild Alaska is 100 times better show. I guess they just got the right family to put on the telly, but it's still just a ripper!

Actually to her credit Ariel is a communications Major and she orchestrated the entire show after appearing on a game show and meeting with some T.V execs. There are some good interviews with the family talking about how they did this because it was something Ariel wanted to do. It made a lot of sense because because jim seems very stoic and like the last thing he would want is twenty tv crew men following him around.

It is a great show but I personally found there were a few aspects that annoyed me so much I no longer bother to watch it. The cuts to different aeroplanes was one thing that I also found a little stupid as well as the obvious audio changes! But personally it is the WAY over the top, too dramatised hollywood style voice overs and constant repeats of footage and explanations where ads would normally be that drove me NUTTY. What there doing is amazing flying in some hard terrain, the guy constantly saying things like "At this dangerously overloaded weight the Cessna 208 blaaa blaa blaaaaaaaaa". Also some of the obvious set ups to make things a bit more of a "hair raising adventure" began to give things a touch more of a false feel, which was unnecessary because what there doing in the show in it's own right is amazing. There should be no need to try and GRAB THE ATTENTION of people at home with false antics. It took away from the really good stuff. Just my opinion.