Video: KR 2 first fright

Farcoffs

Very poor technique, but hey, thats how we get the best footage !

As others have noted, this pilot failed to move the stick forward to raise the tail. The wing never got to a safe angle of attack because of stick position.

Could someone have a word in his ear and suggest that

1) he co-opt the services of an experienced KR jockey to conduct the first flight and

2) he obtain a little remedial training.

Sorted!

looked to me like a high speed taxi test gone horribly wrong , it certainly didnt sound like that corvair was at full song . I would be very suprised if it was a rear C of G issue with a heavy corvair and psru up front .

I noticed the up elevator also and what sounded like 3/4 throttle which is why i thought it was a taxi test, but i couldnt work out why he wouldnt have got the tail up and angle of attack down and pinned the mains down with down elevator , rather than maintain the wing at pretty much climb angle of attack at marginal flying speed ?

Jason

Farcoffs, any chance you could run us through this blow by blow?

Whether it was engine, cog, pilot reaction to controls, there's bound to be a lesson in it for us, particularly those building new aircraft.

• Like 2

[medio=full]201[/medio]

I am the pilot of this aircraft and the video was taken in 2003 on its first flight. It was my inexperience in getting the stick forward that led to the incident. All other innuendo and speculation is misleading. I have no idea why farcoffs released it without my knowledge some 10 ten years after the event. John

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...