Gyrocopter crash on Phillip Island...

Guest pookemon

I wasnt going to bother but i found this clip, this is not an easy landing to pull off but just so you can see what can be done in the right hands, yes Ron in the video is a good pilot, probably about 500 odd gyro hrs

Hi Bones

Have you got a link to a full power off responce and landing procedure? It would tie in good with the thread better than the slick turn, scrub off speed and land video. Good skill it the video clip.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Also are you at Charters this weekend, i'm seeing the guys at the Gliding and with the Drifter Saturday till early afternoon?

Cheers

Mike

Guest pookemon
I worked with a colleague who was at a Sydney beach with his family. A person got into trouble and he, along with a few other beach-goers rescued this person. My colleague, being first aid trained, performed CPR for a minute or two before the man involved 'came around'. Soon after an ambulance took him to hospital. The next day, the newspaper published a story headed by "Man Rescued From Shark Infested Waters". My colleague said that people were swimming before the incident, he swum to rescue the victim and the beachgoers continued to swim after the incident. No sharks were ever seen and no shark alarm was raised for the rest of the afternoon.When he spoke to a friend (who was a reporter at a local newspaper) about this incident a few weeks later, his friend said: "Have you never heard of the journalist's motto?" My colleague said "what is it?" to which the reporter replied "Why spoil a good story with the facts?".

Yep - there's a "notorious intersection" (as reported by the local Ballarat Paper) that I drive through every day on my way to work in which you can see for 1km in either direction as you approach it from about 500 metres before the intersection. The paper reported that there'd been a series of accidents at that intesection, including one "a couple of years ago" involving one of the City Councillors mothers (my wife's Grandmother). Two of the 3 accidents occurred around 2km either side of that intersection (and one was some guy falling a sleep at the wheel). The accident that was "a couple of years ago", actually occurred in 1972 (according to my Mother-in-law, sister of the councillor). I posted this fact in a forum on the story on the papers web site. Amazingly, that comment didn't make it through moderation.

As a result $150k was allocated out of the State Governments budget to install a couple of Give-Way signs and to resurface about 100m of the road around that intersection.

Yep - there's a "notorious intersection" (as reported by the local Ballarat Paper) that I drive through every day on my way to work in which you can see for 1km in either direction as you approach it from about 500 metres before the intersection. The paper reported that there'd been a series of accidents at that intesection, including one "a couple of years ago" involving one of the City Councillors mothers (my wife's Grandmother). Two of the 3 accidents occurred around 2km either side of that intersection (and one was some guy falling a sleep at the wheel). The accident that was "a couple of years ago", actually occurred in 1972 (according to my Mother-in-law, sister of the councillor). I posted this fact in a forum on the story on the papers web site. Amazingly, that comment didn't make it through moderation.As a result $150k was allocated out of the State Governments budget to install a couple of Give-Way signs and to resurface about 100m of the road around that intersection.

:drive:It's always heartening to see the taxpayer dollars so well and so efficiently allocated to road hotspots. 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

I worked with a colleague who was at a Sydney beach with his family. A person got into trouble and he, along with a few other beach-goers rescued this person. My colleague, being first aid trained, performed CPR for a minute or two before the man involved 'came around'. Soon after an ambulance took him to hospital. The next day, the newspaper published a story headed by "Man Rescued From Shark Infested Waters". My colleague said that people were swimming before the incident, he swum to rescue the victim and the beachgoers continued to swim after the incident. No sharks were ever seen and no shark alarm was raised for the rest of the afternoon.When he spoke to a friend (who was a reporter at a local newspaper) about this incident a few weeks later, his friend said: "Have you never heard of the journalist's motto?" My colleague said "what is it?" to which the reporter replied "Why spoil a good story with the facts?".

All oceans are shark infested, whale infested, crab infested etc. The reporter got it right because he knows there are sharks out there.