Firefox Browsing Issues

Admin

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but my copy of Firefox updated itself to v13.0.1 and since then I have had trouble with the scrolling of my mouse. It only happens in Firefox.

When I go to a page here or on other sites, not every time though, the mouse scroll doesn't work until I click the page...very frustrating. I have changed mice but still the same, used IE and no problem.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but if so can you please let me know

I use Google Chrome and had a similar problem. Only on this website so the problem had to be here.

I am experiencing it on many different websites and has only started happening since Firefox upgraded itself

I dumped Firefox because of that problem, which seemed to happen at every upgrade, and took hours to fix.

Went to Google, but still get the odd problem.

Seems to be a fight between Microsoft and the others with MS seeming to create just enough compatibility problems to steer you back to their product. They're not counting on the long term rejection of doing that.

I am on Firefox 13.0.1 and not experiencing any problems now. I bought a new laptop with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) and have had enough problems updating drivers. At one point I had to reinstall my mouse every time I started up, but it seems to work. One thing that fixed some of my problems was the compatibility option. Even though I had uninstalled the Visa version (if it had come across from my old computer via the back-up) and installed the Win 7 driver, some things (mouse, printer, webcam and wireless modem) reverted to older Win versions. The devices & printers would report the thing was working properly when it blatantly wasn't. Troubleshooting was suggest things like installing Win XP service pack 3. I had to manually reset to Win 7. Fortunately there is a "compatibility" button that allows you to choose from a drop down list of OS. I have other minor annoying things like the webcam turns on after a few minutes of keyboard inactivity and turns off 2 seconds after I move the mouse, as if it is slaved to the power save. Took me forever to get my Thunderbird email copied over and working. Changing OS can be so painful. But at least my mouse works on Aircraft Pilots - scrolls without clicking etc.

Sue

078_pc_revenge.gif.92f2d38a0e662b2e0b6cba4dc0ba5c35.gif

In an attempt to really hone down the cause, on Thursday I completely wiped my hard disk, reformatted it and installed windows etc again from scratch...it was due as I normally do it every 6 months or so anyway to clean it right out and keep it going as fast as possible without all the rubbish you collect over time. However even with this drastic move it is stilling doing it and it is getting very frustrating yet I can't find any mention of it on the web under Firefox issues (recent)

I upgraded (manually) this morning. No problems yet. Scrolling seems a lot faster but.

They have added a smooth scrolling function which is causing the issues (I think)...I have tried manually changing the about:config but no luck...yet!

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone using Firefox as their Internet Browser...The issue I have been having and as reported in this thread is a common problem being experienced by many users out there. It has been caused by Firefox v13.0.1 not working properly with Adobe Flash Player v11.3...the two just don't seem to get along with each other. Apparently both Mozilla and Adobe are working together to fix the issue.

However, and in the mean time, if you want to get back to non-frustrating browsing using Firefox, you will need to remove the latest version of Flash Player and re-install the previous version. To do this:

1. Download Flash Player v11.2 from:

- for standard windows 32 bit operating system: http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/12261/

- for 64 bit windows operating system: http://www.filehorse.com/download-flashplayer-firefox-64/10474/

2. Go to your Control Panel -> Programs and Features

3. Uninstall Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin

4. Install Flash Player v11.3 that you downloaded in step 1

That should fix the issue until Mozilla and Adobe can get their problem sorted out...hope this helps!

Guest Howard Hughes

Whenever I use Firefox I get a strange flickering of my screen. Any ideas? Flash Player/Graphic card conflict maybe?