QLD Flyin Farmstay?

mattbutton

Avington Station near Blackall. It would be at the 4 hours limit, but worth the trip. When I lived in Longreach we used to fly down for lunch. 1600 strip, accommodation in the 1870's homestead or take over the shearers' quarters. Andy & Jane Dexter (07) 4657 5952. No website, but google it for reviews from happy campers.

Sue

If we are talking that far west, then Nardoo Station at Cunamulla. It was sold a while back but I think still operates what was a great farm stay. They have a strip which used to service the C182 on the place, but not sure if it is maintained. Good spot though.

Met a couple at Kilcoy last weekend who recommended Bonus Downs near Mitchell, haven't checked it out yet, we are looking out for similar farm stays with an airstrip for holidays in August. Will watch if anyone can help us both. We fly out of YCAB in a Savannah. Graham & Val.

Hey Ian, Would you consider putting up a sticky page where posters could add website links (description optional) for all States - covering farmstays, B&Bs, restaurants etc that have own strip. This would be real handy for people over time as an up-to-date reference when planning trips. We could then prompt forum members, from time to time, to add to it - so we pick up the knowledge of new members.. Thoughts?

Chris

• Like 4

I drove through Leyburn on the Darling Downs twice this weekend and noticed a brand new strip about 6nm south of Leyburn and the new sign says "Newfarm" farmstays. It might be what you are looking for when it gets a bit established.

How about Old Station. I don.t know if they are actually a farm stay, but they have plenty of accomodation on a working cattle property. Excellent strip, 2000m 06 / 24

Give Leonie Creed a ring on 0749346562

I can recommend first hand a B & B just south of Glen Inness caled Silent Grove with a lovely couple called Dorithy and John .

Their strip is 750m long and the elevation is about 4800 ft.

Around a dozen of us had a flyin there about two years ago, they have rooms at the main house and also another villa plus camping in the shearing shed also lovely home cooked meals.

I can look up the contact details for you if you are interested .

If any one is interested I wouldn't mind organizing another flyin there as I have had a few enquiries from people wanting to go again.

Cheers

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Val and I have been looking for the same thing, have checked out the very Informative section,Pub I want to fly to one day in the, Trips section and would like to go to, Dingo Roadhouse, Orchid Beach, Wondoan, and Cracrow, but not alone ! Would be interested in joining you in a trip to these spots which are in easy reach of YCAB.