Mag switch covers and replacement fuel line etc

Just bought a CFM Streak Shadow, and want to add / replace a few items.

I want to add a guard to my 2 mag switches and main switch - all simple rocker switches. Would prefer a simple fixed design.

Can anyone recommend switch guards and where to buy them?

Also, what is the best fuel line to buy, and what is the preferred method of clamping the line - I have been told not to use simple hose clamps, as apparently they can cut the line.

Also, I'd like to move the EGT and CHT gauges, but there is no free play in the wiring harness to allow them to be moved. Is it OK to just splice extra wire into the existing wiring??

Cheers

Gerry

Just bought a CFM Streak Shadow, and want to add / replace a few items.I want to add a guard to my 2 mag switches and main switch - all simple rocker switches. Would prefer a simple fixed design.

Can anyone recommend switch guards and where to buy them?

Also, what is the best fuel line to buy, and what is the preferred method of clamping the line - I have been told not to use simple hose clamps, as apparently they can cut the line.

Also, I'd like to move the EGT and CHT gauges, but there is no free play in the wiring harness to allow them to be moved. Is it OK to just splice extra wire into the existing wiring??

Cheers

Gerry

Gerry:

I see you are located in Gympie. I'm flying out of Watts Bridge. I made some mag switch guards for my Nynja and if you like I can make you a set for your Streak Shadow. I would love to see your airplane,having read the book by the guy who designed them.

Send me a PM and we'll organise the guards, if they're what you want.

EGT and CHT leads need to be of the same material if you are looking for accurate temperatures, but usually you are looking for indications of change, so use ordinary wire and it should be OK. That advice is from MGL. If you are using MGL leads I may be able to help out with some short lengths of their EGT cable. Not the easiest stuff to handle.

switchguard.jpg.d994abbfe600372fe7fb0016720e7814.jpg These are extremely simple to make, look good if done properly and don't restrict fast access to your switches,while at the same time make it almost impossible to inadvertantly operate them. "Missile" switch guards look cool, but are designed to make access slower and deliberate.

Guest Maj Millard

Gerry, looks like you have the switch guards covered. I don't fit any fuel line unless it has USA written on it...for higher quality and longer life............Clamps...use the best quality stainless ones you can find, usually Tridon brand. Please don't secure fuel lines with tywraps !!023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif.bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif...................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Gerry, looks like you have the switch guards covered. I don't fit any fuel line unless it has USA written on it...for higher quality and longer life............Clamps...use the best quality stainless ones you can find, usually Tridon brand. Please don't secure fuel lines with tywraps !!023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif.bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif...................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Tywraps??? you gotta be kidding me.....

Thanks all and sundry for the advice - much appreciated

Cheers

Gerry