We need a spell checker on this site.

Herm

I don't use a spell checker other than the one that auto corrects, I talk with a lisp, I am a Queenslander and I work for the government, therefore, I doubt I have anything really intelligent to say anyway, but if I do, and you listen, I will talk slow and sound drunk and if you can't understand me then we truly have a problem. So, in a nut shell, I talk like I type and that's just me.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I dont use spell checker either. I agree with all the comments above. The english language is the most difficult. How confusing.I take my hat off to people who have it as a second language. The trouble is people spell words how they sound.Not good in some cases.example - Gauge.People spell it guage.Which is incorrect, but it sounds like it should be spelt guage. Dont get me started on their, there, they're.Or where, were or hear, here etc. Who came up with that stuff. How are we supposed to fly aeroplanes, airplanes or hairyplanes and keep up with spelling.I dunno

I was in europe in 1998.I was in Dusseldorf, Germany. Anyway, I found that alot of the locals could speak english very well.They appeared to have a bit of a american accent in their lingo .When in english mode.I found out, that was because most english teachers in their schools where American.(maybe had something to do with loosing a major war, I dunno). Anyway, I had a young lass, come up to me and say "well your english is very good". I said I ******(I put the stars in) hope so, that is my first language.I am a Australian.Anyway she was a good looking young woman.I think she though I was from Austria. Anyway, things are alot harder with the new generation with their hip hop, slang.(I think it has appeared because they cannot spell for ****. ( me again I put the stars in).augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

• 2 weeks later...

On over-reliance on a spell checker may produce this result without the spell checker doing anything about it:

Eye Halve a Spelling Chequer

(I Have a Spelling Checker)

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plain lee marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long