Toyota Ds-4 2 Litre boxer engine

Howdy, I was just checking out the Toyota 86. It is powered by toyotas new 2 litre boxer engine.It is normally aspirated and 147 KW. I think it revs to just over 7 000 RPM .

Looks like another alternative automobile engine that could be converted for exp aircraft use.

its a subaru engine, google subaru brz

Thanks for the info FT. Reminds me of the old days with vehicle rebadging. Remember the Ford maverick (realy a Nissan Patrol). Ford laser (realy a Mazda 323), Ford Teltra (realy a mazda 626) etc.I guess it makes sence especially when Ford owned or owns a share in Mazda, or the other way around. Still happens now.

Ford courier/ranger Mazda bt50/ bravo. Toyota corolla hOlden nova .Holden commodore Toyota lexen. And a heap more. I do like the idea of two of the most reliable car company's in the world working together tho!

Ford courier/ranger Mazda bt50/ bravo. Toyota corolla hOlden nova .Holden commodore Toyota lexen. And a heap more. I do like the idea of two of the most reliable car company's in the world working together tho!

Yep it makes alot of sense for manufacturers to work together in development and/or buy a off the shelf engine.

Yep it makes alot of sense for manufacturers to work together in development and/or buy a off the shelf engine.

Yes... makes perfect sense for BOTH of them.... (how many manufacturers are left?)

I had a bit of a surf.Apparently Subaru and Toyota both poured cash into the development of this car. A smart way of doing things.I think they have picked the best things out of both companies.Just adding to FT's comments above . It looks like a Subaru engine with Toyota fuel injection. Aircraft engine manufacturers please note.

That Nissan 6 was plagued with head cracks and exhaust manifold warping stud breakages, and head gashet failures. Similar engine to the Skyline Nev

The RB30 Nissan motor is well reknown for being very reliable.Well from my experience with them.Yes it was fitted to the skyline , it was also fitted to the Nissan Patrol in the early 1990's. The only complaint I heard off, was it was a little under powered.Not a problem Nissan just put a turbo on it.Nissan do that without beefing up their donks.They can,they are over engineered. I have seen multiple skylines back in the day get well over 250 000 kays without a problem.

My two cents worth.

The Nissan straight six only used to fail, when fitted to the Commode-door.

And, the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ fits the 'Sports Car' category being only rear wheel drive.

But if you want something that handles, stick to real Subaru's gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif 094_busted.gif.ae638bd7cbc787b7b31a16c9b8b3a6b4.gif

SVX_logo.jpg.a9402c4a50d678377567b517fc648057.jpg

Arthur.

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes
Apparently Subaru and Toyota both poured cash into the development of this car.

Subaru are marketing it as BRZ (same car as the 86).

They sold out the Australian allocation for this year, online, in about 1 1/2 hours last week.

Underpowered, pfft . We had a non turbo vl, it did 0 to 100 kmh in 9 sec, pretty good for a family car in those days!Regards Bill

Sorry Bill, I should have been more specific.I mean under powered when compared to a Rolls Royce Merlin.001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I have always liked the Nissans.We have two here at home. Nissan Patrol and Nissan x-trail

If I won lotto, I would have a Nissan GTR.