sydney airspace closurer apec 30/8- 10/9/07

Guest Robbo

Guest Robbo

Looks that way. Not to mention Richmond, Wedderburn, Wollongong and Warnervale.

Mittagong and Katoomba might be alright if they fly northbound from the left hand seat or southbound from the right hand seat:)

Regards

Robbo

Guest Fred Bear

Unreal. Time to make some enquiries (and get nowhere). Watch all the Polair choppers around Sydney. 131.600 MHz everyone!

They have been training daily over our place everyday. You can catch some of the action there if you have a scanner in Sydney. I dare say it will by encrypted for APEC.

Guest David C
Unreal. Time to make some enquiries (and get nowhere). Watch all the Polair choppers around Sydney. 131.600 MHz everyone!

Is that a "police " freq Darren ?? .

This sounds like a double sided challenge.

First, all operators being restricted by this move should forward an invoice for lost earnings to the organizers.

Second challenge is to start designing an autonomous UAV with a better than 45 NM range, that can overfly the CBD, then fly out to sea and self-destruct, just to prove to them how pointless these sort of security restrictions are.

Let's see, a .60 four stroke, a hot wire foam structure to lessen radar, a cheap hand held GPS wired to a simple output data board driving the gyro stabilized receiver, give all the GPS waypoints an artificial altitude to maintain height and.....

Hang on a minute, some-one's knocking on the doo

?...,

!

Wouldn't you think a government leaders conference would be held in the Federal Capital? Why in the most congested city in Australia - cars and airplanes?

Just so the pollies wives and entourage can go touring?

Shameful.

Anyone who was in Sydney during the visit of Cheney will know how much just one unwelcome prima donna over a couple of day can cripple the infrastrucutre.

This week long extravaganza will not endear the Sydney public much to our dear leader and his government. Are we going to have US Secret Service in the control towers? I think I already know the answer to that one.

Guest Fred Bear

Ha ha. Just got back from Canberra.Reading some of the replies has made me laugh (that can't be a bad thing). Yes Dave, 131.600 is a police freq specifically for Polair (don't tell anyone) ;) Arthur, I agree with your comments about you guys invoicing for lost funds. Emma and I were just talking about that over the weekend. Seems pointless to just put your hands up in the air and say "Oh well, no worries we won't fly then" and do nothing about it. Again a case of the 'big ones' getting away with whatever they feel. I am sure there would be some way you could claim for lost funds and not just a matter of "Too bad, APEC is on, deal with it".

Guest ozzie

They have asked Sydney siders to leave town for the weekend and go spend some money in our drought ravaged country towns.

I hope they have enough water for us all. Might have to take our own supply.

The total amount that shops, resturants,business ect will lose during the lockdown must be mindboggeling. Lockdown! Strewth, this is Australia.

Ozzie

Why not get all the chinese pilots from a town just north of Melbourne to do their solo navexes there, and encourage them to continue their practice of keeping eyes IN the cockpit and ignoring the radio, and whenever making a radio call forget to speak english.

How fast would they be sorted out?

Ben

I heard today on the ABC that mobile phones were going to be banned to prevent anyone blowing up the meeting. I don't know how they are going to do that and I would have thought that with small radios being so cheap that they could be used to set off an explosion.

I heard today on the ABC that mobile phones were going to be banned to prevent anyone blowing up the meeting. I don't know how they are going to do that and I would have thought that with small radios being so cheap that they could be used to set off an explosion.

Their talking of jamming a wide spectrum of frequencies.

Guest Fred Bear

I still think the whole thing is a little bit of 'overkill' and they should have had it in Canberra the err, Nation's Capital.:;)4:

Guest brentc

A specially equipped helicopter will hover over President Bush's car at all times to block mobile telephone signals. The system will apparently block out large parts of the mobile network for potentially minutes at a time.

Guest ozzie

It has been suggested that Sydney siders use the granted long weekend to get out of Sydney and go and spend some money in our cashstrapped drought ridden country towns. Do we take our own water?? with all the police looking after jonny's mates it will be caos on the roads and every criminal will be working over time.

I have a lot of clients in the CBD area and none of them are happy. They are losing a lot of income. Not to mention my income.

I wonder if those missing RPG's will make an appearance.?

Why don't all you Oaks pilots relocate to Rutherford/Cessnock the week before and we can have a mini fly in?

I still think the whole thing is a little bit of 'overkill' and they should have had it in Canberra the err, Nation's Capital.:;)4:

Then we might have had restrictions imposed down our way ... no thanks, Sydney's good.