Where to get joint tape and poly prop tape

Herm

Needing to get some polyurathene tape (prop tape) to protect the rear fin from stone chips. I am also wanting to get than nice white cloth style tape to close the air gaps in the elevator on the Jab. I have the cloth tape on the Jab at the moment, but will need more in the future...

Mardy

One type of white cloth tape is called "insignia cloth" and sailmakers use it to repair sails and cut letters out of it to put graphics on sails. It has a very aggressive adhesive and sticks like s**t to bunny fur. Any good sail maker will have the stuff, and from my experience, some will sell it to you for reasonable prices. It usually comes in a roll about 54" wide and the white stuff goes for about $30 odd bucks a lineal metre

One type of white cloth tape is called "insignia cloth" and sailmakers use it to repair sails and cut letters out of it to put graphics on sails. It has a very aggressive adhesive and sticks like s**t to bunny fur. Any good sail maker will have the stuff, and from my experience, some will sell it to you for reasonable prices. It usually comes in a roll about 54" wide and the white stuff goes for about $30 odd bucks a lineal metre

Thanks Scott... The stuff I have on the jab is ver strong and it is made be TESSA. I can't find the product number and anyone who knows what it is or where to get it... Never gave sail tape a thought. It's a little thinner but very strong and Whitworths sell it. Thier is a store 1k from my home... That's a great idea as I am sure it will cost less and never goes yellow in the sun,,,,

Thanks for that. I just need to find a supplier of the prop tape. I have fond one site that sells it by the foot. Seems to be very expensive and I will need to sell the house to pay for it....

Mardy

The cloth tape is available from a pharmacy cheap

That's what I used on the CT...just go to the local chemist and get some, works fantastic. There are a lot of little tricks that you can do for your aircraft...another one is instead of buying the expensive red marker for visual inspection of whether a nut/bolt has moved, just use the wife's/girlfriend's (or both) red nail polish.

Another one is how to use your mobile phone in flight without having to buy something that allows you to. Most mobile phones come with an ear piece/microphone. Because your headset allows you to hear what you are saying into the headset mic, place the earpiece into your ear and the earpiece mic part into your headset cup. This means that you hear the other person on the phone and when you reply through the mic of your headset, the mobile phone mic picks up the sound coming out of the ear cup...all for free.

Another thing with say the Avmap EKP4...don't waste $200+ dollars on gizmo type panel mount...remove the kneeboard strap from the clip on EKP4 kneeboard and mount the Kneeboard into your panel (mount in on the back face of your panel)...you then have a quick release mount for the EKP4 into your panel for FREE.

There are many other little tricks you can do without spending a zillion dollars so does anyone else have any little tricks that they can share with others

I've been flying my own a/c for 4 years and havn't spent a cent on avgas. A lot of a/c engines will run on unleaded motor fuel but need a lead replacement additive. It doesnt lubricate the valves as well as lead but is supposed to come close and wont foul plugs as easily. There are three choices of octane rating to suit your engine. NO, a higher octane wont give you more power. The cheapest would be to use discarded cooking oil as Ive seen used in military vehicles in third world countries.

That's what I used on the CT...just go to the local chemist and get some, works fantastic. There are a lot of little tricks that you can do for your aircraft...another one is instead of buying the expensive red marker for visual inspection of whether a nut/bolt has moved, just use the wife's/girlfriend's (or both) red nail polish.

A few more consumables for the shop?

No Mate, you are better to get them yourself from the local Chemist...a hell of a lot cheaper for you and that is the important thing...I don't think the missus would miss her red nail polish for a day or so while you do it...you could even remark that her taste in colour is so good that you will even use it on your pride and joy 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif(and that's when the fight started)