Human Factors

A couple of years ago Recreational Flying held a Flyin at Camden Haven up near Port Macquarie NSW. On the Saturday evening we were all guests for dinner at the Port Macquarie Flying Club. I asked CASA to attend and give us a presentation on Human Factors as it was at the time when RAAus was introducing HF into their syllabus.

At the evening, the CASA representative played a video and at AusFly I was talking to the CASA people about it. They were able to steer me to where I could find it again so here is the video...the Human Factors Basket Ball Video

NOTE, IF YOU DON"T KNOW ABOUT THE HUMAN FACTORS BASKET BALL VIDEO, THEN PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE READING ANY POSTS...VERY IMPORTANT

• Like 1

whoa...

kind of similar to what we learn in motorcycling called "Target Fixation"

A good reminder not to get so tuned into what you are looking at/for that you miss other valuable info (watch out for that tree!)

I have seen a similar video before. Good stuff Ian.It goes to show that peeps who concentrate on one thing will not see the big picture.The same as Ayavner has said above.I dont think humans were realy designed for multi tasking.If a human is under alot of stress, the brain will start sheding/off loading non critical tasks for self preservation.When that happens, the big picture is lost.Situational awarness is lost and then the bad stuff happens.

Guest Howard Hughes
If a human is under alot of stress, the brain will start sheding/off loading non critical tasks for self preservation

Watch out, the brain actually sheds the critical tasks as well! That's usually when accidents happen!

A couple of years ago Recreational Flying held a Flyin at Camden Haven up near Port Macquarie NSW. On the Saturday evening we were all guests for dinner at the Port Macquarie Flying Club. I asked CASA to attend and give us a presentation on Human Factors as it was at the time when RAAus was introducing HF into their syllabus.At the evening, the CASA representative played a video and at AusFly I was talking to the CASA people about it. They were able to steer me to where I could find it again so here is the video...the Human Factors Basket Ball Video

NOTE, IF YOU DON"T KNOW ABOUT THE HUMAN FACTORS BASKET BALL VIDEO, THEN PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE READING ANY POSTS...VERY IMPORTANT

I seem to remember you were one of those who didnt see the Ape Ian.

Bernie.

In HF it is known as limitations in Short term memory, STM, .Magicians and illusionists also make good use of it as we'll. it is why we have standardised radio calls and checklists.

IF you just sat the HF exam and didn't do an approved course in order to keep your RA privileges then can I suggest you do so, you won't regret it and the life you save may be your own and also others.