I've had enough

pete8862

It is a bargain if you do your sums

The kit is $30,000 the motor and prop is $20,500 and of course you buy the kit first then leave the motor and prop until you are ready that way you get all the latest engine updates. The only thing the kit does not supply is the radio and the paint everything else IS supplied. Radio and antenna around $1500 paint around $400 mine was a bit more as I fitted the larger tyres and also used EFIS as the instruments and a corrion prevention system this brings the price up a few grand. It isnt hard to build it is basically a 700 part and 14000 rivet Mechano set. Yes the instructions can take some deciphering at times but there are plenty of others to help. If you dont like the squarer XL like mine then go for the S model I think its around $3000 more for the kit....Mine took 18 months from go to wo and I did not do it full time. if I did make it at a full time 40 hr week I would suggest it would take me around 8 weeks fully finished and ready to fly....of course the other benefit is to be able to do all mods and maintenance yourself this keeps the costs down by heaps to stay flying. And you get a aircraft that cruises at 85 to 90 knots and can land and takeoff easily on a single football field.....its a no brainer really

Oh hec Pete,Do some time with a good bush pilot learn their methods precise landing, off field as well, it all builds confidence choosing tracks that traverse more friendly ground, enroute planning ect forward thinking know where the wind is and take note of paddocks and tracks that maybe useable at all times, then if you do have an issue all the important info is already in mind, just fly the plane , it works and if you get someone experienced to do some of this with you your confidence and enjoyment will return, it unfortunate that these days a lot of students never get to do real off field landings or even learn to read the ground well. hope this helps you bud, give it a try cheers Steve

Spot on post Steve, in RA -Aus this is one of the few areas we can legitimately build pilot skills post Pilot certificate in a training environment.Everyone who does a bush/STOL type course says they come away from it a far better pilot for all the reasons you mention.