Too many resignations?

Captain

You could go back to the techmen from the time of Mike Valentine. Unbelievable rate of turnover. No-one left happy (as far as I could tell). Have we had a board which is not technically inclined? Unsympathetic, Not prepared to listen ?People who don't live in Canberra, don't take on really responsible jobs like that, move to canberra and leave quickly. Nev

Mike Valentine was an Ops manager, but you are right the turnover of Tech men has been very high for close to 20 years. As we 'progressed' with more and more different aircraft, LSA and so on the Tech man turnover has speeded up what does that tell you? anybody?

I am currently reading through the Audit... I feel sorry for the sacked former Tech Manager Adam Finn... and find it absolutely scandalous and inexplicable that the CEO was not fired as well, but rather allowed to resign.

• Like 1

>>snip

>>

As we 'progressed' with more and more different aircraft, LSA and so on the Tech man turnover has speeded up what does that tell you? anybody?

It doesn't tell me anything - just because A precedes B it doesn't imply, infer, prove (etc) that B will be a consequence of A.

With all the money rolling in from the fantastic platics maybe an ADDITION techman should be recruited to service that end of the business.

It doesn't tell me anything - just because A precedes B it doesn't imply, infer, prove (etc) that B will be a consequence of A.With all the money rolling in from the fantastic platics maybe an ADDITION techman should be recruited to service that end of the business.

If it doesn't tell you anything why suggest another tech man might be required to handle the load?

• Winner 1

You could go back to the techmen from the time of Mike Valentine. Unbelievable rate of turnover. No-one left happy (as far as I could tell). Have we had a board which is not technically inclined? Unsympathetic, Not prepared to listen ?People who don't live in Canberra, don't take on really responsible jobs like that, move to canberra and leave quickly. Nev

It does concern me greatly over what happened with Adam Finn-at the very least I thought his articles in the magazine were good.

Could the resignations, or lack of membership renewal, at the grass level be a consideration?

This week three mature aviators were sharing a coffee at the back of a maintenance hangar, and between them had in excess of 140 years aviation involvement and ownership interests in seven aircraft. In the last few weeks all three had decided not to renew their RAA membership. All have a joint RAA?/GA interest, but by choice will be active within GA.

Recruitment of members for any organization usually presents its challenges, but failure to take heed of retention of your members can expose of any organizations deficiencies PDQ.

• Agree 1

This week three mature aviators were sharing a coffee at the back of a maintenance hangar, and between them had in excess of 140 years aviation involvement and ownership interests in seven aircraft. In the last few weeks all three had decided not to renew their RAA membership. All have a joint RAA?/GA interest, but by choice will be active within GA.

Recruitment of members for any organization usually presents its challenges, but failure to take heed of retention of your members can expose of any organizations deficiencies PDQ.

I recall Robbie Costmeyer (CEO for a short time before Steve Tizzard) was trying to address the issue of non-renewals by members and included a questionnaire with the renewal notice. I think he was trying for two things 1.an indication of the reasons for non-renewal, and 2.get a response rather than silence and non payment (saves sending out reminders etc if you know they have quit). I remember it got knocked on the head as we were increasing in membership so the leakage wasn't such an issue.

Sue

.... so the leakage wasn't such an issue. Sue

Leakage should always be a major concern.

Any retailer will tell you that it is (or should be) easier and cheaper to retain customers (or members) than to get new ones.

That is why there are all these loyalty programs and other strategies to retain customers.

Find out why they are "leaking" and plug the hole (if possible) !

Spend a few dollars to keep the current customers (members) happy.

They will stay, and hopefully encourage their friends to join also!

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif